Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] First Level Parents Won't Unlink in Menu Bar

Old Sep 11, 2010, 03:55 AM
kali

9 posts · Sep 2010
Bern, Switzerland
I'm using the latest version of Wordpress + Atahualpa. I've created a Pages Menu, which is "Menu #1". It's properly ordered and works fine, but I want the First Level Parents to have no link, and just use the links from the sub-pages (example: parent is FREELANCING, and sub-categories include EDITING, GHOSTWRITING, etc. "Freelancing" should just act like a header, but users should be able to to the sub-pages.) There's a setting for this in Atahualpa, but it seems not to function -- doesn't matter whether "Don't link first level parent items in Page Menu Bar?" is set to "Yes" or "No" -- clicking on "Freelancing" still takes me to a blank page.

Can't see how to fix this from either the WP Appearance->Menus page, or the Atahualpa options page. Any solutions? Site is http://www.kalital.com, if you want to take a look.

Thanks!
Kali
Old Sep 11, 2010, 06:50 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you are using the new WordPress menu builder the Atahualpa setting for first level has no effect. You need to create a "Custom Link" for the top menu item and put a # in the URL field. If you don't see the "Custom Link" item on the left click on screen options at the top of your menu builder screen and check the "Custom Link" box. With the new menu system you no longer have to create dummy pages for first levels.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 04:07 PM
kali

9 posts · Sep 2010
Bern, Switzerland
Thanks very much! Works perfectly!