Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Adjusting text height location in menu bar

Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:34 AM
admsteiner

2 posts · Sep 2010
Hi All,

I removed the category bar and increased the height of the pages bar (to 50px) so that it encompasses both the searchbox and RSS buttons. Can someone suggest how I can adjust the location of the text within the page bar? I'd like it to show up in middle.

I tried using vertical-align in Font Size and Face under MENU1--> Header Area to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

--Adam
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
  • URL?
  • Atahualpa version (3.4.6, 3.5.1, 3.5.3, etc.)?
  • WordPress version (2.8.4, 2.9.2, 3.0.1, etc.)?
  • Where did you modify the code for the height change?
  • Does you current modification work in IE?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:51 PM
admsteiner

2 posts · Sep 2010
Larry,

Sorry about that.

URL: http://www.adamsteiner.net/blog
Atahualpa version: 3.5.3
Wordpress: 3.0.1

I modified the code for the height change in MENU1-->Header Area--->Font Size and Face so that it read "12px Verdana, sans-serif, vertical-align:text-middle". Changing the pixel count for font size works, but I'm interested in moving the text down so that it's in middle of the menu bar height-wise. (whose height I changed to ~50px and did away with the Category Bar).

I have an older version of IE which does not render the page correctly (something I'll have to look into), but the page renders correctly in Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks again,
-A
Old Sep 27, 2010, 09:07 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You only adjust font size and face in the font size and face box. the Vertical align is not valid there. also there is a vertical-align:middle but no text-middle. I am having a difficult time trying to figure out what you did and the only think I can come up with for fix is somewhat convoluted but here it is. You can add in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts and see what happens. You probably already have the height there and would just need to change it to 66px.
HTML Code:
#rmenu2 li.page_item {overflow:hidden;padding-top:18px;}div#menu1 ul.rMenu {height:66px;}