Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to remove link to individual posts in post title?

Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:53 PM
kristofferrom

4 posts · Nov 2009
Copenhagen
I'm designing this site: http://tambourhinoceros.net/home/ , and I would like to keep it very clean and therefore disable the link to the individual posts in each post's title.

Any ideas?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I don't know why you would want to, this will effect all your multi post pages, like archives, etc and you will have to change it every upgrade, but here is what you do.

Edit bfa_post_parts.php and fine line 55 (in version 3..4.6) which should be
HTML Code:
			<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php 
and change it to
HTML Code:
			<?php the_title(); 
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:19 AM
moowens

6 posts · Oct 2009
Hello, thanks for the info. Very helpful. I modified the correct file and the post headlines were deactivated as links, just as i wanted. The strange thing is that now each post headline is duplicating itself.

eg: instead of 'Collect' it reads "CollectCollect"

Link: http://www.jvdb-ceramics.com/wordpress/?page_id=2

Any suggestions would be very great

Last edited by moowens; Apr 29, 2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ok, I goofed edit bfa_post_parts and remove lines 53-56 which should be
HTML Code:
		if( !is_single() AND !is_page() ) { ?>

<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php 
		} 

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 29, 2010 at 11:20 AM.