Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Getting children to stay as children when parent is hidden

Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:45 AM
SkeanDhude

6 posts · Jan 2011
Basically, I want a parent that I can link to where I put all my hidden pages.

Currently, I have to add each page into the ignore menu and as it is numbers knowing which is which means going back and forward in the dashboard.

I wanted to have a top level parent that I could hide, as one page, and I assumed that each child would also not be displayed. This is not the case. Each child shows up as a parent.

Can this bug be easily fixed or is there a way to do this that I missed?

I can work around it simply by adding all the pages to the exclude but I forget and pages I want hidden are put up on the main page. It is frustrating although it is not a big deal and I can live with it if it is too difficult.

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Instead of using the atahualpa menu, why don't you use the wordpress menu and build your own menu with just the one page on it?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:11 AM
SkeanDhude

6 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks for the reply Juggledad.

I prefer the Atahualpa menu it works great except for that and it's only some pages not all. Most are via the drop down pages and are great. Just some I don't want up there which I link to inside the posts and other pages.

I'll have a look at that menu bar again but from what I remembered I didn't like it much.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Make sure you have the BUGFIX's on, There were some conflicts, but they should be corrected so a WordPress menu takes on the settings of the %page menu
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:25 AM
SkeanDhude

6 posts · Jan 2011
Ok. How do I do that. Don't remember a BUGFIX option anywhere.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The BUGFIX's are in the "New Versions & Updating' forum
Old Jan 31, 2011, 04:58 AM
SkeanDhude

6 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks Juggledad.

I've done a woraround that meets my criteria.

I added a page, made it no display, added another made it no display, and linked it as a child, Did that twice more so I was at L4 and then added my realpages in as L5 and limited dropdowns to 4. More than I will use. Works fine.