Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Question about page menu hilighting

Old Jul 6, 2009, 06:13 AM
Croyd

3 posts · Jul 2009
USA, Hazel Green, Alabama
I've integrated my bbPress forums with my wordpress and merged the atahaulpa theme with it so it all works together. I use the 'Page Links To' plugin to put my forum in the page menu. How can I modify atahaulpa to hilight that button when the forums are selected. Right now when I do it the home button is hilighted instead.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 05:13 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I would have to see this in action (a URL), too many parameters involved, like how the forum was integrated, what does the plugin do, etc..

Basically, if the link to the forum is external Atahualpa wouldn't know about it and cannot highlight it. But the home button shouldn't be highlighted either
Old Jul 12, 2009, 07:11 AM
Croyd

3 posts · Jul 2009
It's an external page. My forums are in a sub domain.
My main url is http://www.croyd.com and the page is linked to http://forums.croyd.com.

The plugin links the url to the page.

My forum theme is setup to use the wordpress header instead of the bbpress one.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:30 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Looks like you set up some sort of alias or redirect and forum.croyd.com is basically the home page all over again, just with the iframe? WP thinks it is on the homepage and the Home button is highlighted due to that.

A proper way to do this would be to create a static page and in that static page pull the forum in with an iframe. Then the highlighting should work
Old Jul 16, 2009, 01:30 PM
Croyd

3 posts · Jul 2009
I've never messed with iFrames much before, but I was able to use an iFrame and a little javascript to pull the forums into the site without messing with changing the head and all that other stuff.

Thanks for the help Flynn.