Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Post visited link color

Old Aug 21, 2009, 08:45 PM
dmtompki

22 posts · Jun 2009
Middletown MD
Post visited link color

Where would I change the "post visited-link" color. It appears as a nice dull-yellow in firefox, but IE is displaying some awful dark red-purple color that I didn't setup.

-thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2009, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Body, Text & Links
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:10 PM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
I think my question is the same or similar to dmtompki's.

I would like the color for links that have been visited (previously clicked) to be a different color from links that have not been visited.

Juggledad suggested trying "Body, Text & Links" but I don't see anything there that clearly helps.

The options I see there are Link Default Color, Link Hover Color, Link Default Decoration, Link Hover Decoration, and Link Text Bold or Not. I see nothing about visited links.

There is a box at the top for CSS for Body Style, but nothing I try there has helped.

BTW, I particularly want the color changed for visited links that are in the bodies of posts. I am less concerned about changing the color for visited links elsewhere on the site (for example, the sidebar).

I would be glad for any help.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Sundrop; Dec 10, 2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old Dec 18, 2009, 09:48 AM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
Maybe I am asking in the wrong place??
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sorry, I think I answered the wrong thread with the right info, or is it the right thread with the wrong info. You could add a CSS Insert
HTML Code:
/* ================================================== */
a:visited {
	background: #yellow !important;
	color: #000000 !important;
}
/* ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ */

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 19, 2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:33 PM
Sundrop

14 posts · Dec 2009
Thank you, Juggledad, for your kind answer.

The CSS insert does not seem to work as intended. I couldn't see any difference using the code above.

After fiddling with it a long while, I got some things to look different when I removed the "i" at the beginng of the line and removed the "#" from in front of "#yellow" though the changes were all over the page, not just in the body of the posts.

What is the "i" supposed to do at the beginning of the line? I think we may be close to getting the changes into the body of the posts.

Thank you again.