Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

post font size and spacing, titles ..

Old Oct 24, 2009, 09:18 PM
ireneeng

18 posts · Oct 2009
new york
Send a message via Skype™ to ireneeng
Hi .. Is there a way to loosen the line spacing and word spacing in the post? Currently I only found the Body, Text & Links at ATO where I changed font-size to 0.7em; at Body Style - bit too small but if I use 0.8em it became too packed, suffocating. I prefer the look (spacing) of this blog, the Atahualpa is bit to jammed.

What's padding and kicker? I'm trying to reduce the font size of the post title too ..

Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 07:28 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Kicker is a typography term, I should probably have used "Section heading" http://desktoppub.about.com/library/...def-kicker.htm

Padding is the inner space of an element, the space between the element's border and its content

Use a CSS Insert to set line-height of posts .e.g

div.post-bodycopy {
line-height: 1.5em;
}

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 17, 2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: added 'em;' after teh 1.5
Old Nov 17, 2009, 01:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just tried putting "line-height:1.5em;" (without the quotes) in the Body Box under the Style Post and Pages section and it worked nicely.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:24 PM
runbei

22 posts · Oct 2009
Mountain View, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
I just tried putting "line-height:1.5em;" (without the quotes) in the Body Box under the Style Post and Pages section and it worked nicely.
This worked nicely for me, too. BUT, it doesn't work to use "text-indent" or "text-align" codes in that box. (I'd like to justify the post body text and use a first-line indent.)

I assume I can alternatively put those codes in a CSS Insert as Flynn suggested. But I don't know where to put it. Doesn't seem to be an option to do that in the "Body, Text & Links" section. (Or the "Configure CSS & JS" section, etc.) Do I put it in the style.css file using the WordPress editor? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by runbei; Nov 18, 2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: clarify
Old Nov 18, 2009, 07:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I tried using text-indent:10px; in the Body Box and it indented the first line of all but the home page in the little bit if testing I did.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:47 PM
runbei

22 posts · Oct 2009
Mountain View, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
I tried using text-indent:10px; in the Body Box and it indented the first line of all but the home page in the little bit if testing I did.
That didn't work for me in any pages. Still stumped by this one. There has to be a place to change the CSS code for the body text - or? Is everything in Atahualpa done only through the Atahualpa Options dialogs? I.e., is there no place to make other tweaks using CSS?