Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Creating Contact Us, Privacy Policy, Disclaimer pages

Old May 30, 2009, 05:32 PM
gradlebum

22 posts · May 2009
Hello All

I want to create separate pages for a Contact Us, Privacy Policy and Disclaimer page. I want these only linked to the home page and I want them to appear in the footer. I do not want them to appear in the category or menu bars, any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Gradlebum
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:40 AM
bookmom

42 posts · Aug 2009
I have the same question and would have loved to see this answered.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:10 AM
BradBrown

54 posts · Mar 2009
Just create static pages in Wordpress. Use the Atahualpa page and category menu options to exclude the pages from the page menu, and whatever category you put them in from the category menu. You can then manually add links to those pages in the footer, or anywhere else you want.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 01:35 PM
bookmom

42 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradBrown
Just create static pages in Wordpress. Use the Atahualpa page and category menu options to exclude the pages from the page menu, and whatever category you put them in from the category menu. You can then manually add links to those pages in the footer, or anywhere else you want.
Thanks Brad! I created the Contact Me page, but I can't see where to exclude pages from the page menu.

Last edited by bookmom; Aug 24, 2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 02:15 PM
BradBrown

54 posts · Mar 2009
Atahualpa Theme Options - Page Menu Bar - Exclude pages from Page Menu Bar?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 02:27 PM
bookmom

42 posts · Aug 2009
Sorry, I was looking for it in the wrong place (under Pages/Posts). Thinking about it, I'm going to leave the pages on the menu bar and right-hand side bar. I have it ordered correctly at the top, but not in the sidebar. I am not finding the right way to do this either but I know it has to be there.

Last edited by bookmom; Aug 24, 2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 04:05 PM
bookmom

42 posts · Aug 2009
Ok, I figured this out. I had changed the "Pages" widget to read something else and forgotten I'd done it. I uploaded my-page-order plugin, put the pages in the order I wanted, and then went back to the widget in the sidebar I'd renamed. Once I clicked on it there was a menu that included the option to sort by page order. Sometimes I'll remember having seen something but can't remember where! Found where to edit the 404 option that way this afternoon, too.

Thanks again. I'll be donating once this makes some income.