Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

my header images aren't rotating...

Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:34 AM
tai4ji2x

4 posts · Sep 2009
i recently created a blog, and chose atahualpa. i hate looking at code, so it seemed to be the best choice. i'm really quite a noob. what am i doing wrong? i've tried setting the options for header image java scrip rotation at 1,2, and 3 seconds, but still no rotation, in either firefox or IE. i only get occasional one-time rotation when refreshing or reloading the page.

thanks for any help you can give

www.chinabeergeek.com
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:00 PM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
Java is funky I have learned (thanks to Juggledad) look at the file names for your images that you want to rotate. Get rid of any caps, spaces or special characters and it should resolve.

WRONG: Roatating Image 1.jpg
WRONG: Rotating_Image_1.jpg
WRONG: Rotating-Image-1.jpg

RIGHT: rotatingimage1.jpg

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 21, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 07:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What do you have set for
1) Rotate header images with Javascript?
2) Preload header images for Javascript rotation?
at ATO->Header Image
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:30 AM
michael100

1 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What do you have set for
1) Rotate header images with Javascript?
2) Preload header images for Javascript rotation?
at ATO->Header Image
I am also having this same problem. I went to the above person's web site and they still have the same problem.

I have rotate set at 1 sec
I have renamed all header .jpg images to be all lc and numbers w/out special characters
I have tried both Y and N for Preload header
I don't understand what you are saying about "at ATO->Header Image[/quote]". What is that about?
My temporary site is at http://exerciseu.a300.net/wp/
Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version of Atahualpa are you running, there was a problem in 3.4 where it got dropped, but is back in in 3.4.2
Old Sep 23, 2009, 03:31 PM
tai4ji2x

4 posts · Sep 2009
my header image filenames are all lowercase and numbers, with no special character or spaces.

rotate is set to 1
pre-load: yes

v3.4.1

should i upgrade?

Last edited by tai4ji2x; Sep 23, 2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 03:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Yes, the rotating header code was dropped in 3.4 and 3.4.1 but put back in 3.4.2 so you need to upgrade. Note, to upload 3.4.2, name the folder atahualpa342 and upload it, Then copy your images to the atahualpa342/images/header folder. Now you can activate and/or switch back to 3.4.1 anytime you want. It is also an easy way to knowwhat release you are on when looking at the files.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:28 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
This is kind of a low-tech solution, but it works pretty nicely.

On one of my sites, I wanted the image to rotate while the user was on any page. So turned my separate banner images into one animate GIF. Now the images fade from one to another while the reader is on the current page. I mixed up the order and made a couple different versions in order to get a different frame one image.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 01:23 PM
Taffy

6 posts · Sep 2009
Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Taffy
MyBlogLog Widget is a Problem

Hi Guys, I have just discovered something in relation to this issue.

MyBlogLog Recent Readers Widget !

I had that installed on my blog & was having no end of trouble getting my header images to rotate. I followed all advice on these threads but still no joy.

I then started working through my widgets & deleting one by one. As soon as I deleted the MyBlogLog Widget, everything kicked into action, banner rotates now and really looks great !

Hope that helps.

Regards Taffy Philippines-Virtual-Guide

Last edited by Taffy; Sep 25, 2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 09:27 AM
cevaya

3 posts · Sep 2009
The header images change in my site. however, it stops after one cycle. It goes in the same exact order and does not loop to start rotating again. Could you please help identify the problem. thank you
Cev
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version of Atahaalpa, WP and PHP?
How many images do you have?
What is the url?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 01:19 AM
shalinisridhar

18 posts · Sep 2010
Juggledad- Could you please help me out here?

I have the same problem of header images not rotating on my home page.
I am using WP 3.0.1 and Atahualpa 3.5.3

I am working on two websites at the moment, both using the versions mentioned above. However the rotating fade in fade out effect works well in one and NOT in the other. I also tried exporting and importing the Atahualpa theme file from the working one to the other, but to no avail.
Any reasons this may happen?
One thought - The websites are hosted on different servers. One is hosted on IAS and the other on Apache. The website hosted on Apache DOES NOT have a problem with the header. The images fade in and out beautifully. It doesnt work on the one hosted in the IAS one. Could this be the issue?

I also tried renaming the files and followed naming conventions (no special characters, lowercase etc for the header images). Still doesnt work.

Any alternative? I don't want to use an animated GIF.
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 05:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I think you have answered your own question. If it works on the Linux server and not the ias, then that is where the problem lays - something to do with this IAS configuration/java etc.

I have absolutely zero experience with IAS (I had to look up the term) but that's where I'd look. I would view the source of a page, copy it and paste it to a text file and use it as a static HTML page for testing then I'd take the who ever is in charge of the server saying that the java script is not running.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:22 PM
shalinisridhar

18 posts · Sep 2010
Juggledad,
Thanks for your reply. I got my network administrator to fix the issue. A GD Library needs to be available for all image editing and enhancements. I however still do not see my header images fading in and out smoothly. Let me try it out once more.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:26 PM
shalinisridhar

18 posts · Sep 2010
Oh by the way - it is IIS and not IAS as i previously mentioned. Internet Information Server - Apologies for the error
Old Sep 24, 2010, 08:55 AM
Webunet

45 posts · Aug 2010
Having the same problem - a new problem. Images were rotating, then I discovered they had stopped rotating. I've done everything recommended in this thread, renamed images (no special chars), tried pre-loading and not, adjusted times, etc.

I am using the current version, 3.5.3
Have 9 images

The Plugins I am using...
After The Deadline
Akismet
cforms
Fast Secure Contact Form
FD Feedburner Plugin
Google XML Sitemaps
Sharedaddy
What Would Seth Godin Do
WP-Cumulus
WPtap Mobile Detector
WPtap News Press

http://www.theinternetbook.com/blog/

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks Jughead
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
have you tried disabling the plugins to see if there is a conflict?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 04:01 PM
lollipop

2 posts · Dec 2010
Like Webunet, mine were rotating and now have stopped. I've altered the names of the files and tried disabling plug ins but to no avail. Using 3.5.3 on a Linux server
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What is the URL?
Did you change an option?
Add a plugin?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 03:46 PM
lollipop

2 posts · Dec 2010
Hi Juggledad

http://shambhalastudios.com

I disabled plug ins yesterday and changed the image names to all lower case with no other characters. When I posted last night it was all to no avail so I re-enabled the plug ins. Just before replying to you tonight, I checked again and, lo and behold, it's decided to work again now on ff, ie and chrome. Do these things sometimes just take time to take effect? Im assuming it must have been the image name...?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you have a caching plugin you could see that effect