Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Help i want image as background on the category bar!!

Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:07 AM
Crispuchita

4 posts · Jan 2012
Help i want image as background on the category bar!!

Hi everybody,

I'm new here so : Hi !!!
Ok my question I'm working the last few days with the Word press 3.3.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.3.
So far so good, i have my own background, header, background on the center column an sidebar.
Still i can't find where i can change some things so this are my questions:

1. I want to use a own background on the category bar and also change the background on the
hover.
Right now I can only use colours.
2. Can I made the center column and sidebar have the same sizes everywhere and scroll when the
text is larger than the sizes of both?

I have more questions but i want to begin with this two

Thanks for helping me and kisses,

Crispuchita
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:57 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
1. This can be done with CSS using the selector for the menu
2. You can use CSS to give a height to the elements you want and then use the overflow:scroll property.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:12 PM
Crispuchita

4 posts · Jan 2012
Hi lmilesw,

thank you for your answer but do you mean the stylesheet or the css.php
Because my stylesheet i can't find it at all. I've searching but where is it?? my stylesheet looks like this now:

Code:
/*
Theme Name: Atahualpa
Theme URI: http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/
Description: Configure your custom theme: Fixed or flexible width layout, with min/max width, 0 - 4 sidebars, very browser safe (incl. IE6), create custom widget areas, import/export styles (several styles included), color pickers, over 200 options. 
Version: 3.7.3
Author: BytesForAll
Author URI: http://forum.bytesforall.com/
Tags: white, one-column, two-columns, three-columns, four-columns, fixed-width, flexible-width, custom-colors, custom-header, theme-options, left-sidebar, right-sidebar, threaded-comments, sticky-post, translation-ready
License: GNU General Public License v2.0
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
*/

.aligncenter {
	display: block;
	margin-left: auto;
	margin-right: auto;
	}

.alignleft {
	float: left;
	}

.alignright {
	float: right;
	}

.wp-caption {
	background: #f1f1f1;
	line-height: 18px;
	margin-bottom: 20px;
	padding: 4px;
	text-align: center;
}

.wp-caption-text {
	color: #888;
	font-size: 12px;
	margin: 5px;
	}

.gallery-caption {
	color: #888;
	font-size: 12px;
	margin: 0 0 12px;
	}

.sticky {
	font-weight: normal;
}

.bypostauthor {
	font-weight: normal;
}
Please help :S

Thanks Cris

Last edited by Crispuchita; Jan 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You don't need to, or in my estimation want to, modify any theme files. If you do and modifications will not survive a theme upgrade.

All the CSS can go in the theme options. Some areas have there own option CSS boxes and some you would put in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts.

Then to backup your options you can export them via Export/Import Settings in the theme options.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 01:14 PM
Crispuchita

4 posts · Jan 2012
Thanks again for your answer lmilesw !!
I didn't saw on the atahualpa options that

i got this now and it's alsmost working, the problem is now that if i go with the mouse over the category he doesn't the image, here the code:
Code:
div#menu2 ul.rMenu {
    background-image: url("http://www.driemeubelambachten.com./wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/bar2012jpg.jpg"); 
    background-position: 100%;
    background-repeat: repeat;
    height: 24px

}

div#menu2 ul.rMenu li {
    background-image: url("http://www.driemeubelambachten.com./wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/bar2012-2jpg.jpg"); 

}
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li a{
    background-image: url("http://www.driemeubelambachten.com./wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/bar2012jpg.jpg"); 

}
THANK THANK THANK YOUUUUUU
Old Jan 5, 2012, 04:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
for mouse over you need '... a:hover'