Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

bug fixes, special measures, etc

Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:12 PM
andrejs

5 posts · Feb 2009
bug fixes, special measures, etc

I've been using Atahualpa and very happy with it on several sites. My only issue has been the time that an upgrade of Atahualpa broke my WP-dTree menu system. When I inquired, helpful advice was given, involving bug fixes. At the time, I got my menus going by tinkering with some settings, but, since then, I have not updated Atahualpa for fear of breaking the menus again. I operate entirely through the WordPress system, doing updates from the dashboard.

My question is this: will an update of Athualpa result in need for bug fixes and tinkering with code? I can do a certain amount of that, but right now I can't afford to have the site down for the length of time it might take me to find info on this forum or such places. I understand that stuff happens. I'm not asking for absolutes, just for a reasonable assessment of the status of these changes. If there are measures to take before I attempt the upgrade, then I'd like to know what those are (bug-fixes?).

Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Take a look at the forum, there is currently only one patch for version 3.7.9
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
Faffe

22 posts · May 2010
Sweden
The easiest way is probably to copy make a copy of your current theme folder. Then you can update the theme, and if it doesn't work out for you, you can just revert back by changing theme to the Atahualpa in the other folder.