Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Settings transfer

Old Apr 24, 2009, 04:19 AM
fotomag

25 posts · Feb 2009
I like that theme. But in this theme there is one lack. This theme have no possibility for transfering of setting from one blog to another. I address to the founder of this theme. Make an opportunity for convenient transfering of theme settings. I spend much more time for adjusting colors, fonts and many others items as i like the theme must appeared. And this is only one reason which i don't want create new blogs with that theme.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you try doing a search using the word 'backup'?
Old Apr 25, 2009, 09:42 AM
PrairieProg

12 posts · Dec 2008
I have a variation of this question: It would be helpful if there was some way to easily transfer settings/changes from the version of the theme I'm using (2.21) to the latest version. Backup doesn't help because it won't be the same version.

It's taken quite a while to "fine tune" everything in the theme and not only do I not want to start from scratch, I'm afraid I'll overlook editing I may have done to theme files.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 05:37 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
There's not automatic way for this I'm afraid but you can upload the new theme version into another directory i.e. /atahualpa332/ vs. /atahualpa/ (or whatever the directory name of your 2.x version is) and then switch back and forth between the 2 themes while working on matching the design of the new version to the old version. Atahualpa 2 also had different theme option names so the options would be kept separate in the Wordpress database
Old Apr 27, 2009, 09:50 PM
Steve

7 posts · Apr 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
There's not automatic way for this I'm afraid but you can upload the new theme version into another directory i.e. /atahualpa332/ vs. /atahualpa/ (or whatever the directory name of your 2.x version is) and then switch back and forth between the 2 themes while working on matching the design of the new version to the old version. Atahualpa 2 also had different theme option names so the options would be kept separate in the Wordpress database
Perhaps one could do a screen grab of the settings and print this and then work off of this in lieu of switching back and forth.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 09:56 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
To get a list of all current settings upload the following file as i.e. "export.php" to the theme directory and call it in the browser as yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa332/export.php (your path may be ../atahualpa/..)

PHP Code:
<?php
// Find wp-load.php so we can access the database from within our non-standard, external file here
$d 0// search depth;
while (!file_exists(str_repeat('../'$d) . 'wp-load.php')) if (++$d 99) exit;
$wp_load str_repeat('../'$d) . 'wp-load.php';
require_once(
$wp_load);

global 
$wpdb;

// get all option names and options values from the WP Options table where the option name starts with "bfa_ata_"
$atahualpa_options $wpdb->get_results("SELECT option_name, option_value FROM $wpdb->options WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata_'");

// output the header
$filename 'atahualpa.options.' str_replace("http://","",get_option('siteurl')) . "." date('Y-m-d') . '.xml';
header('Content-Description: File Transfer');
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$filename");
header('Content-Type: text/xml; charset=' get_option('blog_charset'), true);

// output the file
echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="' get_bloginfo('charset') . '"?' ">\n";

echo 
"<atahualpa_options>\n";
// Loop through the database query that we got earlier
foreach ($atahualpa_options as $atahualpa_option) {
        echo 
"<" $atahualpa_option->option_name ">\n";
        echo 
htmlspecialchars($atahualpa_option->option_value);
        echo 
"\n</" $atahualpa_option->option_name ">\n";
    }
echo
"</atahualpa_options>\n";
?>
This will create a downloadable XML file with only the theme options that were actually changed.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 09:09 AM
Steve

7 posts · Apr 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to Steve
This is fantastic! You are amazing....
Old May 1, 2009, 08:42 PM
XeviouS

2 posts · Apr 2009
But how do we then import this file/settings into another Atahualpa theme?
Old May 1, 2009, 10:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
For now you'd have to do that manually
Old May 2, 2009, 01:28 AM
XeviouS

2 posts · Apr 2009
Ahhh thanks!.....saves me scratching my head trying to find out where ;-)
Old May 6, 2009, 12:08 AM
holyyakker

10 posts · Feb 2009
Any chance of an import functionality in the near future? I found myself in a similar boat - I had the theme set up on a demo site and when I registered the domain for a group and went to set up a new Wordpress I found myself out of luck. This will definitely save me some time though.
Old May 6, 2009, 09:33 AM
Neill Watson

1 posts · May 2009
I agree. I set up the look of a site offline using MAMP locally on my Mac. Once I've done that, I can't easily upload all those settings to the main version of the site.
BUT I have to say, what a killer theme!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:58 AM
alickerman

2 posts · Jun 2009
When I try this I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/p24acbbr/public_html/happinessinthisworld.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/export.php on line 25

I can't find the error. Can you help??
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:01 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Are you sure you copied the code above correctly. Perhaps something was added or removed through the way you copied and pasted it. I.e. you should use a text editor for this, not a program like Word or Wordpad

If you cannot get it working, what is you WP version and Atahualpa version?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:12 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
The program worked OK, except the output had problems with "<?php..." content; it messed up the output a bit.

What would be really helpful is a way to print out all the settings-forms pages, with their descriptions and everything (other than doing a print of each of the pages manually). And/or a way to show all the settings pages on one single "giant" page (which could be printed out)

BTW, just made my $40 donation....I want to get in on the ThemeOptions bandwagon!

Thanks....Rick...