Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to create 'no-show' page

Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:53 PM
Alexi

20 posts · Dec 2008
Oceanside, CA
Good Morning and Happy New Year everyone

I would like to create several landing pages for Twitter, Facebook and few other referral sources that are more explanatory of the nature of the blog than simply arriving to the latest post.

Using the 'Create Page' routine in Atahualpa (3.1.7) The page comes up with a header line of "PRIVATE: NAME OF PAGE". It also is registered as a page on my Top menu and pages. This is not what I want to happen. Can I simply create a page that has a permalink but does not appear anywhere else except via direct permalink.

How best to create a WordPress/Atahualpa generated page, with sidebars et al, and not have it appear elsewhere? Any tips appreciated.

Alex
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:31 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See Atahualpa Theme Options -> Page Menu Bar -> Exclude pages from Page Menu Bar?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:21 AM
Alexi

20 posts · Dec 2008
Oceanside, CA
Got it. Thanks Flynn.

Final question: Is there a way to NOT display the word "Private" in the title of the page?

Thx
Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:20 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Seems you've set the page's visibility to "private". See

Site Admin -> Pages -> [Hover over page title] -> Edit -> Visibility (Right upper corner) -> Edit

Or did you want the pages to be "private" and still not have "Private" in the title?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 06:17 AM
Alexi

20 posts · Dec 2008
Oceanside, CA
Hi Flynn,

You answered and asked the question I should have grasped and didn't. You asked ...

"want the pages to be "private" and still not have "Private" in the title?"

The answer is yes, that's exactly what I want to do. No "private" in the title of the page.

Thanks

Alexi
Old Apr 14, 2009, 03:57 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Not tested, you could try this: At the bottom of functions.php add the following code, without causing blank lines or spaces

PHP Code:
<?php 
function bfa_remove_word_private($string) {

$string str_ireplace("private: """$string);
    return 
$string;
}
add_filter('the_title''bfa_remove_word_private');
?>
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:41 PM
Alexi

20 posts · Dec 2008
Oceanside, CA
That was perfect Flynn. Thank you so very much!!!

Alex
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:49 PM
Alexi

20 posts · Dec 2008
Oceanside, CA
After trying the fix immediately back in December and having the problem described below, I didn't get back around to trying it again until this morning ... only a half a year later :-(

I edited the functions.php file using the Wordpress editor but once again, as back in december, the minute I added the snippet and saved the file, the site rendered blank white and I needed to replace the functions file to get the site to display again.

Here is what the end of the functions.php looks like after I inserted your code snippet. I pick up by including the last of your functions ...

================================================== ===============

// new comment template for WP 2.7+, legacy template for old WP 2.6 and older
if (!function_exists('paged_comments')) {
include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_custom_comments.php');
function legacy_comments($file) {
if(!function_exists('wp_list_comments'))
$file = TEMPLATEPATH . '/legacy.comments.php';

return $file;
}
add_filter('comments_template', 'legacy_comments');
}

function bfa_remove_word_private($string) {
$string = str_ireplace("private: ", "", $string);
return $string;
}

add_filter('the_title', 'bfa_remove_word_private');

?>

==============================================

Any additional thoughts on what might be happening. Can anyone figure out what I am doing wrong?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:13 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The part you posted looks fine. It has to be something above that, or in another file.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 06:57 AM
Alexi

20 posts · Dec 2008
Oceanside, CA
<sigh> Thanks Flynn