Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Custom field template tag

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:46 AM
ripz7

6 posts · Nov 2012
Options Custom field template tag

Hi,

I have found the template_tags.php include file and I am trying to add a custom template tag that will display custom field data for each post.

Here is what I have for a test:

Code:
function bfa_post_link() {
	$id = get_the_ID();

echo 'This is the current post ID: '.$id;
}
I want to use this in a sub-template, however when I insert my custom template tag ( bfa_post_link(); ), it doesn't display anything. Do I need to declare this function in another file somewhere so it loads with the rest or something similar?

Ps: Is there any other easier way of displaying custom field data for each post in Montezuma's virtual template system?

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks