Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

TOTAL beginner - how do I change the default header image?

Old Oct 16, 2009, 02:37 PM
Lucky_Charm4

5 posts · Oct 2009
Hi, I am a TOTAL beginner to coding, WordPress, and any sort of web-building whatsoever. So sorry to ask an obvious question, but how do I insert a JPG image I have on my computer to be the header image in this theme???? So far, I have:
1. uploaded the .jpg to my "Media Library" on Word Press
2. gone to the "Edit Themes" page/stylesheet "Header (header.php)"
3. figured out that deleting or changing this code is the key to changing the header image:

<tr>
<!-- Header -->
<td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $bfa_ata['cols']; ?>">
<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata['configure_header']); ?>
</td>
<!-- / Header -->

<!-- Header -->
<td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $bfa_ata['cols']; ?>">
<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata['configure_header']); ?>

</td>
<!-- / Header -->
</tr>

After that I'm totally stuck!!! Can someone please help with simple instructions on what to type in this section?

thank you thank you.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 02:42 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
It's easier than that.

FTP your new image into the /themes/Atahualpa/images/header folder, and delete the default .jpgs that are already in there.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 05:30 PM
Lucky_Charm4

5 posts · Oct 2009
Thank you for the tip... but it's still coming up blank. Guess I'll keep scouring the forum.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 05:43 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Give us the URL of your site. That would help us diagnose the problem.

Did you FTP the image to the proper folder? Did you dump your browser cache?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 07:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Also make sure you preload the original header.php you do not need to touch it inorder to effect the header.

Atahualpa will look in the folder wp-content/themes/atahuapa/images/header and display the header images from what it finds in that folder. You need to FTP your images there and remove the ones that come with the theme or you will occasionally see them in your header.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 07:17 PM
Lucky_Charm4

5 posts · Oct 2009
Got it! Thanks to both of you - my site is supermarketsafety.net... sry I don't know the etiquette on here.

As for editing text and things inside the actual "theme editor," anyone have a godo suggestion for a website that explains the basic codes so I know where to look?

thanks again
Old Oct 17, 2009, 08:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
By
Quote:
editing text and things inside the actual "theme editor,"
I hope you don't mean changing the php code and are just talking about changing the various theme oiptions.

Start off by reading the documentation on each page, there is a lot of it. Next get familar with CSS - you don't need to be an expert, more to the fact you need to know what the syntax is (I constantly use 'CSS syntax xxxx' as a google search - where xxx is the item like 'margin' or 'padding' or 'font')

And knowing a little HTML and php won't hurt eithor. Have fun