Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Tagline: Can I make it the current date?

Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:27 PM
jockoe

23 posts · Feb 2009
This was my question at the WP forums:
Instead of something static, could I use the current date in the tagline? (So it updates automatically every day)

The reply I got was:
You need to figure out where the tagline is being displayed (typically header.php for a theme) then use the proper format of the PHP date('') command.

Can someone point me to where I would need to make this change? (More specific than 'header.php". Like a line number.)
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:44 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Find, in functions/bfa_header_config.php, around line 90

PHP Code:
$logo_area .= '<p class="tagline">' get_bloginfo'description' ) . '</p>'
and change to

PHP Code:
$logo_area .= '<p class="tagline">' .  date('l jS \of F Y') . '</p>'
The above would display:

Monday 8th of August 2009

Here's a list of date display options http://www.php.net/date

Old Feb 24, 2009, 01:39 PM
jockoe

23 posts · Feb 2009
Flynn,

Thank you for responding so quickly. Unfortunately, that did not do it. (Even after deleting my temporary Internet Files) Here is the line as it now reads in my functions/bfa_header_config.php file.
Quote:
$logo_area .= '<p class="tagline">' . date('l, F j, Y') . '</p>';
I did not dawn on me until just now that the tagline I am using is actually the one that is the overlay for the header image. Would that be the reason it did not work?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 01:41 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In that case find in functions/bfa_header_config.php around line 174 (the following is just part of the line):

PHP Code:
'<p class="tagline">' get_bloginfo'description' ) . '</p>' 
and change to
PHP Code:
'<p class="tagline">' date('l, F j, Y') . '</p>'