Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

AdSense ads will not show in right sidebar

Old May 2, 2009, 03:41 PM
Joey

5 posts · May 2009
Just started using this theme today (and am somewhat new to this). I can get AdSense ads to show in the left sidebar (using the text widget), but they do not show in the right sidebar. Any ideas?

Also, how can I make the left and right sidebars wider (width = 200) and shrink the center column?

Thanks.

http://careeralley.com

Old May 4, 2009, 09:04 PM
ppat2

23 posts · Dec 2008
well, if you go to Atahualpa options, you should option "sidebars", scroll down you should see "LEFT sidebar WIDTH" and "RIGHT sidebar WIDTH" to change your sidebar widths. make sure you check your google ad size for right sidebar...

if you have the ad 300 width and sidebar is 200 width than it will not show up...i use 300 width for right sidebar and put 300x300 google ad making my center column smaller...hope it makes sense

Last edited by ppat2; May 4, 2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: example to make sense
Old May 5, 2009, 10:05 AM
Joey

5 posts · May 2009
Thanks. The right sidebar is already set to 200 and my ads are 160 width so there must be something else causing the problem.
Old May 5, 2009, 07:47 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You have 4 google ads in the left and 3 in the right sidebar. Google is probably refusing to display that many. AFAIK you can only have 3 ads plus a few link units per page
Old May 6, 2009, 08:08 AM
jessrip

2 posts · Apr 2009
I'm also having this problem just as of today in the right sidebar. I have the javascript code for my ad sponsor (Six Apart Media/Adify) loaded into a text widget at the top of the right sidebar - but it won't show up. I have no other ads displaying on my site.

This is new as of this morning, it had worked for at least a month prior. Any clue?

Thanks much for any assistance.
www.the-craftycafe.com

ETA: It's working now but thanks much.

Last edited by jessrip; May 6, 2009 at 08:17 AM.