Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Background image help

Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:05 PM
thepoolguru

6 posts · Aug 2010
Background image help

Hello,
I am new to the theme and so far i think its great, could someone be kind enough to explain how i would add a back image rather than a colour background.
I want to wrap an image near the top of the body, so would need to know how to position it.
Kind regards
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
See the instructions in ATO>Body, Text & Links>Body Style
Old Aug 25, 2010, 02:21 AM
thepoolguru

6 posts · Aug 2010
Hello.
Many thanx for the help... how would i make it so it does not repeat the image.
I wanted to wrap an image, lets say a laptop, so it only shows it poking out of either side of the main body. Hope that made sense
Old Aug 25, 2010, 04:57 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You would just set it to not repeat. What you are using is the background shorthand property as shown on this page of w3schools.com
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:32 PM
thepoolguru

6 posts · Aug 2010
Many thanx,
I am reading that site as we speak and think i can work it out, i am a learner at all this and am slowly picking my way through things.
If you would be so kind, i have another question.
To get the affect of having a greyed background box for one post from each category i have made certain posts sticky, but i want to have an ABOUT post at the top of the main body or even if poossible as a widget area below the header... could you explain how i achieve either of these please.
Take a look at my site and see what i have done so far and would welcome any advise
Exellent help by the way
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Take a look at ATO>Add New Widget Areas. You could add a new widget area below the header which would span the whole width or you could add it to ATO>Style & Edit Center Column>Content Above the Loop. Then you would just put a widget in that area with your "About Us" info. If you only want it on the home page there is code you can use for that as well.