Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Rotating images on header and php arguments causing errors... (Atahualpa & Shopp)

Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:21 AM
crosjn

8 posts · Jul 2009
Running WP 3.1.3, Atahualpa 3.6.7, Shopp 1.1.8

Website fabric.markhamco.com

- Banner images don't rotate but do seem to load randomly. (So Atahualpa must be aware of multiple images in the directory, at least I think so.) I have the ata settings under "header image->rotate header image" = 5, sort or shuffle = shuffle, fade in and out = 0, preload=no. Any ideas?

- (UPDATE: Not Atahualpa related as I changed themes and it is still broken. BUT any help would be appreciated if you happen to see something) Also, the home page loads fine. But when you change the sort order of the products (only if you are on the home page), the result is an error "Not Found..." If you have selected a catagory, it works fine. When you go back to the home page (fabric.markhamco.com) it will load all the products in the sort order you originally requested. It seems to be a problem with passing a php argument but obviously it is doing something okay as it does change the sort order.

- Breadcrumbs acting strangely. Symptom: When you navigate to an individual product, at the bottom of the page is a breadcrumb trail. The last entry in this breadcrumb should be a clickable link to return you to whence you came. This last entry (and always the last entry and only on an individual product page) is not a clickable link. But, when I change themes, it is clickable. I'm guessing ATA changes something in the breadcrumb trail but I have no idea what or even what to look for. Any ideas?

Any help, much appreciated.

Last edited by crosjn; Jun 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you have all BUGFIX's for your version applied? (they can be found in the 'New Version & Updates' forum and sub forum)
--if not, apply them before we go any further and re-test
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:11 AM
crosjn

8 posts · Jul 2009
I applied three patches. I don't exactly understand the forum but I believe this is what I should have done (basically anything with 367 in the title of the stickies at the top)?

Fixed the images not rotating (seems strange but worked.)

PS. Juggledad, you restored my website www.markhamco.com after I blew it up a year ago (it was hosted on Yahoo I think, maybe I was moving it to GoDaddy). Anyway, thank you again! (Sure I paid you, but will never forget the OMG moment when I realized I'd killed it. Still don't understand it enough to save myself.)

Last edited by crosjn; Jun 13, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:23 AM
crosjn

8 posts · Jul 2009
I also noted when I get the "Not Found" error message, the url looks like this:

http://fabric.markhamco.com/?shopp_orderby=newest

If I manually edit this to http://fabric.markhamco.com/fabrics?...orderby=newest

It works wonderfully. (fabrics is set as the default homepage in my wordpress site.)

I tried some .htaccess redirects with no success... I clearly don't understand how wordpress uses URLs.