Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to add padding between the border lines and the rotating header image

Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:24 PM
neondevil

29 posts · Sep 2010
I was in the HTML inserts tab and I was trying to add to get studiol01.jpg to look like studiol02.jpg. I just really want to move everything a few spaces down under the first border line.

I tried adding padding then a margin under the borders div but with no success, where should I be modifying it?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	studiol01.jpg
Views:	2387
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	823  Click image for larger version

Name:	studiol02.jpg
Views:	2289
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	824  
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:59 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's hard to say without seeing the site. It could be in CSS Inserts or it could be one of the %bars or some styling for the menubars.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:44 PM
neondevil

29 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
It's hard to say without seeing the site. It could be in CSS Inserts or it could be one of the %bars or some styling for the menubars.

http://studiolonline.com/

That's the site, I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe there is a div for basically the body of the site excluding the menu/logo image etc? That's probably just wishful thinking.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 09:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Instead of putting a border on the image put a %bar1 or %bar2 over %image and style the bar as desired.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:55 AM
neondevil

29 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Instead of putting a border on the image put a %bar1 or %bar2 over %image and style the bar as desired.

So wait %bar1 and %bar2 are the things in the header options or I would have to add them in to the HTML/CSS inserts?

So if it's the header options one, I'd disable the line I already have in the HTML/CSS inserts then go in make that black but how would I position it? Does it have a default starting location? Because I've changed the colors before I just never noticed it popping up anywhere.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:23 AM
neondevil

29 posts · Sep 2010
Oh and I should have put this in earlier because this is the section I was modifying:

div#imagecontainer {
border-top: solid 1px #333;
border-bottom: solid 0px #333;
border-spacing: 10px;

}

Just tried padding-top, padding, margin but margin moves everything including the image, border-spacing doesn't work at all.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:34 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
In ATO>Style & edit Header Area put %bar1 just before %image. Then scroll down to that same section and style the bar. You will probably just put a top border on it and make the height the distance you want the bar from the image.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:57 PM
neondevil

29 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
In ATO>Style & edit Header Area put %bar1 just before %image. Then scroll down to that same section and style the bar. You will probably just put a top border on it and make the height the distance you want the bar from the image.
Oh man I can't believe I missed that, that did it! Thanks!

There's only one problem now is that it goes out too far to the right, is there any way to limit that?

height: 1px;
background: #fff;
border-top: solid 1px #000;
padding: 10px;

Those are my settings
Old Oct 18, 2010, 01:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
width: XXXpx;
Old Oct 18, 2010, 01:12 PM
neondevil