Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] How to remove the title of a post?

Old Jul 26, 2010, 05:34 AM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
I used to do taht by typing a space in the single post title box and multiple post title box. Now in 3.5.3 these boxes are replced by entries for Custom Fields. These do no longer accept a space as a value. Please help!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 05:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Another problem with the space is that you have no way of determining the name of the post or page when looking for it. What you can do is go to ATO>SEO options and make sure Use Post/Page Options is set to yes. Then when in a post or page you will have a check box to not display the body title.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 06:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can also se the CSS option. Lets say you never want to display the title for a post. You can actually put a title in the post and then note the ID of the post. Now add a CSS Insert
HTML Code:
#post-xxxx .post-headline {display:none;}
where xxxx=the post ID. this will cause the title not to display, yet you will see the title in the backend and it will show up in the widgets - like recent posts)
Old Jul 26, 2010, 06:38 AM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Another problem with the space is that you have no way of determining the name of the post or page when looking for it. What you can do is go to ATO>SEO options and make sure Use Post/Page Options is set to yes. Then when in a post or page you will have a check box to not display the body title.
Awesome! Those are the options that went missing during the upgrade.
Thank you!