Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

boxed style doesn't work

Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:37 AM
Ilke

126 posts · Aug 2010
boxed style doesn't work

I am still working on the site www.tastenfischer.de.
I have uncommented the container in the layout.css and done so as well in the index.php of the main templates.
The site doesn't react to it though. The header, body, breadcrumbs and footer all have their own box shadow. Only when getting to the posts and comments, the container shows (I gave it a colored border, that makes it obvious right away).
Do I need to adjust yet another file somewhere?

Thanks,
Ilke
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:09 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
I see a boxed shadow around your whole layout, and it looks very nice. I'm not sure what else you're trying to do.

Sometimes, isp's cache css files, and, even if you do a reload you see the old one. Try reloading now. If that's a problem with your isp, try your test css in the test template or your test document before moving it to the css files.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:05 AM
Ilke

126 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks for having a lot at my site. Unfortunately, the shadow only looks as if it's all around; if you look closely, you see that the breadcrumbs-area has no shadow left and right (because when it had, there was the same shadow overflowing the header above and the body below), and the shadow of the footer overflows onto the body as well, only I made it small, so it doesn't show too much. It only looks a bit 'dirty', it was more obvious when the background of the pages was white - then the bottom of the sidebar next to it looked 'dirty' indeed.
Also, I gave the container a pink border, and that doesn't appear, because of the missing boxed style. It looks kind of okay, but knowing what's wrong, I know I'm cheating my way through it.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:06 AM
Ilke

126 posts · Aug 2010
BTW, I also emptied the cache and tried different browsers and computers.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:22 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you also "uncomment div#container in main templates" as instructed in the layout.css?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:14 PM
Ilke

126 posts · Aug 2010
Yes, I did, as I described (or tried to) in my original post. Took me a while to figure out just what that meant. It's also where I added the pink border, to check whether it shows on the site. And strange enough, it's the layout I get when I search for the posts (which is not even a function of the site, I just filled in some examples and ended up on the blog once by accident. But then I saw the pink border and a complete box shadow without interruptions).
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:54 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilke
BTW, I also emptied the cache and tried different browsers and computers.
Yes, but if your isp is caching it (for example, as comcast, does) you'll still get the old css file, even with a new browser and computer. I pulled my hair out over this a few years ago until I figured it out. If it's not happening for you, it might happening to somebody else, so it's worth mentioning.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:08 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Here's an easy clean slate to test new css. http://cssdesk.com/ I expect that there are others.