Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

xili-language plugin

Old Jul 11, 2009, 03:18 PM
atunoa

1 posts · Jul 2009
Belgium Wallonie
Hy,
first time and first week that i have discover wordpress. In a lot of theme, i chose Atahualpa to make a blog over an ecological village in fondation. Because there is 3 languages (french, spanish and english) in the fondators of this village, we need to make a multiliguage blog. Not only with a translation maked by Google,.. but maked by the people who need to talk over this blog. I find a realy interesting plugin http://dev.xiligroup.com/?p=726 who provide for a multilingual website an automatic selection of language (.mo) in theme according to the language of current post(s).

My problem is to configure the files to include this plugin in the Atahualpa theme. I need some help.

In french :
Bonjour,
Première fois et première semaine que j'utilise Wordpress. Dans un grand choix de thème, j'ai choisi Atahualpa pour réaliser un blog sur un village écologique en création. Parce qu'il y a 3 langues (Français, Espagnol, Anglais) dans les fondateur du village, nous avons besoin d'un blog multilingue.
Pas seulement avec une traduction faites par Google, ... mais faites par les personnes qui veulent communiquer sur le blog. J'ai trouvé un plugin intéressant http://dev.xiligroup.com/?p=883 qui permet la création d’un site multilingue grâce à la sélection automatique des fichiers .mo du thème selon la langue de(s) l’article courant(s).

Mon problème est que je n'arrive pas à configurer ce plugin avec Atahualpa. Quelqu'un pourrait m'aider?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:06 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Put the original text somewhere into the theme files as

<?php _e('Some text here', 'atahualpa'); ?>

Use the free POEdit software to create

1) a new atahualpa.pot file
2) All required languages by loading and translating atahualpa.pot

Alternatively you could edit existing language files IF you have the .po (or .pot) versions of those files, and not just the .mo files.

If you the .po or .pot, open them with a text editor and add into each language .po file:

#: comments-paged.php:7
#: comments.php:7

msgid "Some text here"
msgstr "Translation text here"

The bold lines are the file names containing the string and the line number.

Save each edited language .po file and load each one with POEdit and save it again. This should create the new .mo files with the new term included