Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Sticky text/image on all blog pages

Old Apr 3, 2012, 03:42 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Sticky text/image on all blog pages

I think this question has already been asked here but I didn't find anything on a search. I want to put in a specific header in the body content at the top of all blog-related pages. Since the blog uses the standard template, how do I get this to show up?

I've thought about some CSS tricks using Display settings on non-blog pages, but is there a simpler way to do this?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 09:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am unsure where you want the image. You say you want a header in the body content of all blog related pages. If you want a header on each post you could add new widget code to one of the areas in Edit Post Page Info Items and put the header in an image widget.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:55 AM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Maybe this will clear it up. The site's designer has designed a stylized sub-header to replace the headline on each page (i.e. an image for About Us with a background image/stylized font). I want to place that image at the top of all pages in the center column featuring blog posts. So whether it has a string of posts (blog home, categories, etc) or is a single post, it has this image at the top of the center column.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 04:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
add a new widget area to the center area and put the image in a text widget.
if you are on version 3.7.4, you will have to edit index.php and add the new widget code there, just before the line
HTML Code:
	<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $bfa_ata['postcount']++; ?>