Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Picture Path problem, when uploading pictures in posts

Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:49 AM
Kingsix

2 posts · Feb 2009
Hi

I love this Theme - however i have a small problem when i create Posts:

If i add a picture to the post and publish it - the picture is physically placed directly in the wp-content folder and not in the "wp-content/uploads" folder as supposed.

Can i change this anywhere?

Example:
http://emilievej.dk/magnus

The picture "MotoCross" in the first post is not shown and if you click the link it tells you that the page cannot be found. If you however deletes "uploads/" in the link it works fine:
http://emilievej.dk/magnus/wp-conten...s/mc01_web.jpg

If i manually copy the pictures from the "wp-content" folder to the "uploads" folder using my ftp program - it works fine......but i guess thats not the way it is intended to work

Any suggestions would be great.

Best newbie regards
Claus "KingSix"

Last edited by Kingsix; Feb 14, 2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 03:24 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
AFAIK it shouldn't be in the uploads folder either but in something like
/uploads/2009/02/

instead. Maybe your uploads folder is not writable or something else is going wrong while you add the image to the post
Old Feb 15, 2009, 04:42 AM
Kingsix

2 posts · Feb 2009
@ Flynn
Thanks for the Reply.

I found the the solution on my noob problem
It was a setting in Wordpress :
Under settings->Miscellaneous-> "Store uploads in this folder" was set to "wp-content" and not "wp-content/uploads/"

and then i checked the "Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders" to get the Year/Month based categories as you mentioned.

Sorry to have bothered you with this kind of noob question

Best regards
Claus "Kingsix"
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:35 PM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
This one's got me stumped also. I checked to see that the path is set correctly, and that the picture is in fact in the uploads folder. But the picture still shows up as a blank box on my page.

Sorry about this super newbie questions. I've looked at everything I can think of. What am I missing?