Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Change Order of the Main Menu Items

Old Oct 9, 2012, 05:39 AM
Jaro

2 posts · Oct 2012
Change Order of the Main Menu Items

Hello,

how is it possible to order the main menu items in an individual order, independent of the order that is presented in the "pages-section" of the admin-area?

Greets

Jaro
Old Oct 9, 2012, 07:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) create a WP custom menu
2) use the 'Page Attributes->Order' when editing a page.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:22 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
1) create a WP custom menu
2) use the 'Page Attributes->Order' when editing a page.
It's even more customizable than that. From the admin page, select menus, and (at least in Montezuma, the only theme I know much about) there's a drop and drag menu order option for every custom menu. You can include or leave off anything. If it's on your site, most everything is automatic. If you want to include external links, you can do that, too.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Gerry's: that's the wp custom menu option at dashboard->appearance->menu

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 9, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 06:30 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
that,s the wp custom menu option at dashboard->appearance->menu
Yep, that's it. And, unlike most themes, with Montezuma, you can have as many different menus as you want, and vary them on as many different pages as you'd like. Easy options: I love them, and no theme has as many of them as Montezuma does.