Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Im getting a beatiful.. whitescreen, some help plz.

Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:58 PM
LittlePenguin

6 posts · Feb 2011
[SOLVED] Im getting a beatiful.. whitescreen, some help plz.

Im new here, and I'd like to use this theme, seems quite good.

Long story short, I install the latest version of this theme runing on the latest version of Wordpress -> whitescreen.

I just noticed, that if I do exactly the same but locally (using WAMP i.e) the theme works ok.

So... by saying that, what could be the problem?

Thx.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 01:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's probably the Suhosin issue. If you do a forum search you will find info.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 01:39 PM
LittlePenguin

6 posts · Feb 2011
Ok, I'll search for that term.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:34 PM
LittlePenguin

6 posts · Feb 2011
Ok, I ended up installing the 3.5.3 version, I hope Im not missing something very useful that the current version has.

You guys, seriously should reconsider to fix this issue, why?, cuz 2 main reasons:

1- It doesnt work out of the box <- this is serious
2- I know most ppl here are not programmers, they dont want to mess with code or anything like that, so if they encounter some weird (for them) steps to follow in order to make this work, they'll desist, is that simple.

This, of course, is my opinion, but IMHO, you should reconsider to go back with the changes you made after 3.5.3 that is making this theme not working at all in some (I think a lot) cases.

Thx anw for your support, if later I want to check this suhosin thing, Ill do it, I already emailed my host provider to inform me if they are using that module, and I'll ask them to add that line you mention.. but, this is not an elegant solution.

Thats all.

Congratz for your theme, is really amazing.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 07:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It not as easy as you think. The problem is caused by hardening of php. That is something your host has implemented. So the theme author could remove the code that runs into this issue, but then the theme will lose functionality. And this was brought about because wordpress.org required some chnages. I suppose the author could undo the changes and make the theme a paying theme.....
Old Feb 17, 2011, 07:05 AM
LittlePenguin

6 posts · Feb 2011
Im not saying its easy, Im saying that if the theme doesn't work out of the box and you add the fact that most wordpress/atahualpa users here has non or close to non programming skills... that's an assassin combo.

What would I do if Im the autor of the theme?, I'd take back those new functionalities in order to make this theme work properly.

This is an advice, that's all, cuz I can see the amount of work involved in something like this, and it is a shame that the theme in several cases doesn't work out of the box, and, what it takes to fix it is sometimes beyond normal user's knowledge.

Byes.