Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Dotted border doesn't go away when...

Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:48 PM
yukoner

48 posts · Jan 2012
I have removed the dotted border around the Menu 1 by making it solid and the same colour as the menu container background in the Page Menu Styling area.

However, when I center the menu by using "%page-center" it creates a dashed border of a different colour in the area where there are no linked pages. See http://www.ambrosearts.ca/andre1/

Also, if I use a different colour background and border colour from the page background, i.e. when an image is the page background, and place the menu either right or left, the div containing the menu spreads across the page with the menu colour instead of just maintaining the width necessary to hold the menu. See http://normhamilton.ca/testing/

Do I suppress the width of the menu container so it only goes as wide as needed to hold the menu? And if so, how do I do that? I think it is <div id="menu1">

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Norm
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You just use some CSS for the menu like below.
HTML Code:
div#menu1 {
    background: transparent;
    border: none !important;
}
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:48 PM
yukoner

48 posts · Jan 2012
Thanks lmilesw.

I put the CSS you gave me into the "Add HTML/CSS Inserts". Centered, it works great.

When the menu is set left or right this CSS seemed to remove the borders, but still leaves the background of "div#menu1" black.

See http://normhamilton.ca/testing/
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:11 PM
yukoner

48 posts · Jan 2012
Interestingly, after reading other threads for most of the afternoon :-) I came across this

#rmenu2 {
background:white !important;

}

A it turns out the borders were in div#menu1 and the background was in #rmenu2

To get what I wanted, I ended up adding the following to "Add HTML/CSS inserts":

div#menu1 {
border: none !important;
}

#rmenu2 {
background: transparent !important;
}

Last edited by yukoner; Mar 25, 2012 at 07:17 PM.