Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Formatting Issue with Images

Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:37 AM
vanderark1

31 posts · Jan 2010
Formatting Issue with Images

I am using WP 3.1.1 and ATA 3.7.3

I am having an issue with a page that has many images, all with captions and links:

http://westmichiganhighschoolbasebal...ayers-to-watch

If you scroll down, you will see in the seventh row of images, that a large gap appear to the left. I have tried changing the order of the images, changing which images go in what order, etc and it always leaves that gap.

I have put the code in Notepad++ and can't seem to find any issue.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance...
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It is because the caption for 'Schneider, Derek' goes to two lines and the next image would hit it if it was to the left, so it is scooted to the right till there is no interferance.

The easy solution is to make the image for 'Schneider, Derek' 10px wider so change
HTML Code:
<div id="attachment_11457" class="wp-caption alignleft" style="width: 210px">
to
HTML Code:
<div id="attachment_11457" class="wp-caption alignleft" style="width: 220px">
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:36 AM
vanderark1

31 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks for the quick answer.

I tried exactly that and didn't get it to change.

I then shortened the caption in Schneider, Derek to no avail.

I expanded the caption width in others to see if that's the issue, but can't get it to correct.

I am not seeing the caption extending to two lines in Firefox or IE. I couldn't tell in Notepad++, but I'm not an expert at html in any case.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ahh this looks like a browser issue. It looks great on the mac in Safari but is messed up in FireFox.
You might want to try putting the images in a table of 3 images per row.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:31 AM
vanderark1

31 posts · Jan 2010
I guess so....

I'll likely put it in a table then.

Thanks!