Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Page Menu Bar - How to change height of background bar acroos the page?

Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:46 AM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi guys!

The site is http://www.lajitaslandcompany.com

Basically, I am using Atahualpa 3.4.9 (downloaded via WordPress Themes itself).

I see that at the top of the page, in addition to the menu buttons themselves, there is a colored bar that runs the width of the page behind the menu bar.

Not sure how it got there, but I like it and want to work with it!

So how do I change the height of that bar so it is the same height as the buttons themselves?

And a second question: Is there another way to add spaces between the menu buttons other than adding a border around them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

KIP
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
For the bar just add a 1px border of the maroon color around the menu bar in ATO>Menu1>Border Around all Menu Items. For spacing you can use something like the following in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li {
    margin: 0 10px;
}
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:08 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi Larry!

I did add the 1 px around all borders, but that background bar that extends across the whole page is still less height than the buttons themselves.

In fact, I just added 10 pixels border - and neither buttons nor the background bar change.

And in Version 3.4.9, there is no "Menu 1" tab. I hate to update to a newer version cause it usually means hours of reworking the site to accommodate the new features, layouts, whatevers.

KIP
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
In 3.4.9 I believe it is called Pages. Adding the following should take care of your border issue.
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
border: 1px solid #7E382B;
}
Also if you follow the steps in the New Versions and Updating thread you shouldn't have to spend much time reconfiguring. It usually takes me about 10 minutes to upgrade a site and when you do it via the manual method you can always switch back to the previous version if something isn't quite right.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:09 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi Larry!

Thanks! Since I don't work with this every single day, it can seem daunting when a new version comes out - especially with the wonderful (and I mean that sincerely) little extra formatting and features that are in the updated versions.

Question - will I lose all of my custom settings when updating?

Thanks!

KIP
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You shouldn't lose any setting. The only things you have to be aware of is that you have to copy the images from one themes images folder to the new one and you have to change any path statements such as /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/image-name would need to be changed to /wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/image-name
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:13 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Great! Thanks!