Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Overlaying & Positioning the ATA Search Bar over a replacement header YOU created?

Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:39 PM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
I almost always replace ATA's header images with one of my own creation. I just delete the 3 header images ATA comes with, and upload my one header image that I created in Photoshop. It always works, but one problem. The Search Bar becomes invisble, even if it's still checked "Yes" in the Show Search Bar? query.

I know I could put a Search Bar in the sidebar w/Widgets, but I prefer a workable Search Bar in the header. If I simply add a search bar graphic when I'm creating my header in Photoshop, it'll look like there's a searchbar there, but it won't be an operable link. And I'm not coder enough to turn that graphic into a workable link.

So is there any way to overlay ATA's own working Search Bar over a self-replaced header? Or what would be your cleanest way of accomplishing this, thanks?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What are the pixel dimensions of your header? What is the URL to the site in question? My search bar always stays.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:08 PM
Rashell

67 posts · May 2009
Hmmm, I'm thinking about your solution a little different. Set it in the background of the "Logo Area: Styling". This isn't the area where the rotating images usually go. It's the place with the grey blog title when you first install ATA. It's got an option to add a smaller logo to the left.

To get it to work fully you have to add %logo to the "Configure Header Area" section and you may have to add the height & width of your image within the "Logo Area: Styling" just below. Should look like this...

Code:
width:???px; height:???px; background: url('http://www.blah-blah.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/your-graphic.jpg');
I've done it for the site I'm reworking right now... at http://nanasgiftnook.com and it works with the search box overlaying the image.

Rashell

Last edited by Rashell; Feb 16, 2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:11 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Nice work on that site Rashell...
Old Feb 18, 2010, 04:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
for directions, see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5926 in the Gold Forum
Old Mar 3, 2010, 05:52 PM
UniqueDiveAdventures

16 posts · Mar 2010
I can't access the Gold Forum?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 03:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
UniqueDiveAdventures - the gold forums is avaliable to members who have made a donation of $20 or more
Old Mar 4, 2010, 01:54 PM
UniqueDiveAdventures

16 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks, just donated!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:12 AM
UniqueDiveAdventures

16 posts · Mar 2010
Hey juggledad we still don't have access to that forum?