Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Center menu problem

Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:41 AM
Björn Palovaara

12 posts · Apr 2010
[SOLVED] Center menu problem

Hi.

I have Atahualpa 3.7.9, WP 3.4.2

I want menu bar centered, I have used the code %page-center in configure header area as described.
Menu is centered. But then... I want fill out space to width and height for menu - and I found this code:

#rmenu2 a {
padding: 25px 15px !important;
}
#rmenu2 {
width: 998px;
}

inserted it in: css inserts

Buttons change widht and height just as I want to - but menu will then not be centered - it is aligned to left???

Thanks! Björn
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:03 AM
Björn Palovaara

12 posts · Apr 2010
Hi Juggledad

We have "under construction" page, but I have deactivated it now - the url is: http://www.xn--tandlkareaste-ffb.se/

Thanks
Björn
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the code
HTML Code:
#rmenu2 {
width: 998px;
}
tells the browser that the menu is that wide, so it centers it. You need to adjust the padding to match the size you set.

This is where using FIreBig in FireFox can be a great help. you can play with the vaues and see the results 'on the fly' and figure out what values you need.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:27 AM
Björn Palovaara

12 posts · Apr 2010
Thanks. Had to do some addition and subtraction, but finally I got it right! Thanks a lot.