Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

multiple post pages

Old Jun 23, 2009, 06:50 AM
michael close

2 posts · Jun 2009
Is there a way to have multiple post pages. I would like to have a page for each of 3 major contributors and another for the rest. I have built a clone of website(static pages) i have using wordpress and just need to add the blog part.http://forum.bytesforall.com/images/...s/confused.gif
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you could create posts for the major contributers and assign the post to a category and call the category 'BigDoners'. Then create a page for that category
Old Jun 23, 2009, 03:40 PM
michael close

2 posts · Jun 2009
you could create posts for the major contributers and assign the post to a category and call the category 'BigDoners'. Then create a page for that category.

I understand doing the categories but how do i create a second posts page in wordpress? Is there a way to do it in Atahualpa 3.3.3. Wen i go to settings in wordpress, reading settings i can select a front page or a posts page. Posts allows me to assign posts to a particular page but i don't see how to do it to a second one or third etc.
Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) Down load the page2cat plugin
2) edit the page2cat.php and finde lthe following (line 616-621)
HTML Code:
				foreach ($matches[1] as $key =>$v0) {
					$catposts = get_posts('category='.$v0."&numberposts=".$limit);
						foreach($catposts as $single):
						$output .= "<li><a href='".get_permalink($single->ID)."'>".$single->post_title."</a></li>";
						endforeach;
3) comment out the line:
HTML Code:
$output .= "<li><a href='".get_permalink($single->ID)."'>".$single->post_title."</a></li>";
by putting two '/' ('// $output...') in front of it.
4) add the following line after it
HTML Code:
query_posts('cat='.$v0.'&showposts='.get_option('posts_per_page'));
5) save your changes and install the page2cat folder into the plugin folder
6) create a page following the instructions in the plugin

Normally the plugin creates a list/link to all the posts in the category you specify. The little change I gave will cause it to display the post instead of the post/title and link.