Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Multiple Categories, Multiple versions of Altahualpa

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:58 AM
Jaguwar

16 posts · Apr 2009
Athens, GA
Layout Multiple Categories, Multiple versions of Altahualpa

This one's for Flynn (or whoever's looked at the coding deeply enough to know what I might be looking for).

First like everyone else, I have to say this: Altahualpa ROCKS! It's the best coded, best designed, and most flexible theme, without any doubt.

Now because my blog (like everyone else's, I'm sure) covers an eclectic mix of topics, I've decided some of my top one will have a different look to reflect their respective topics. For that reason, I'd already installed (long before I got Ata) GYS Themed Categories, which is very good at it's job.

The next step was to create a separate Ata install, which I renamed "atahualpa-books" (just to make it easier to tell them apart). A few false starts led me to look through the database, and I realized I also needed to change the $shrotname variable's value in bfa_them_options.php from:
PHP Code:
$shortname "bfa_ata"
to
PHP Code:
$shortname "bfabk_ata"
Likewise, in fucntions.php, I changed:
PHP Code:
load_theme_textdomain('atahualpa'); 
to
PHP Code:
load_theme_textdomain('atahualpa-books'); 
(as the second version is in the folder "atahualpa-books").

Unfortunately, now I can't get the book version to work at all (it seems to be missing all the header information from the theme), and the categoried version only works when I'm in category view, but not when I go read the individual posts in that category.

What am I missing? Is there something else I needed to change? I've been raking through the code, but can't find whatever it might be.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jaguwar; Apr 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM.