Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Video Embeding problem in Single Posts

Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:27 PM
Fjiorea

3 posts · Feb 2009
I am having a odd problem with video plugins which only seem to affect Single post pages, I've tried Smartyoutube and Videoquick tags.

my page: http://cnprobe.com/wordpress

During my testing both seem to work within Pages, see bottom of Contact page. but not within any single posts, see the video testing post.

Any help as why this is happening would be greatly apperciated
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:37 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Works for me see http://wp27.bytesforall.com/2008/12/hello-world/

I inserted your video code in the WP editor in HTML mode

Code:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4JEEhkVkKE[/youtube]
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:48 PM
Fjiorea

3 posts · Feb 2009
I think its a problem caused by the post-plugin-library, when i disables that the video will display properly in Single posts.

Its possible that it changed some line in the output code for single pages for the similar posts plugin that somehow made the video link read incorrectly.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:50 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The video plugin is filtering the content, looking for that tag and replacing it. The other plugin might do something similar. Check if both play nice in the "default" theme to verify whether Atahualpa is causing this. But it shouldn't, it is not filtering the content.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:06 PM
Fjiorea

3 posts · Feb 2009
I think you are right on this Flynn, the series of plugins that's related to post-plugin-library uses some heavy filtering to pull out what post is popular,similar etc.

Problem is what can i do to make them play nice with the Video tag plugin?