Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Can only login in with IE and Firefox, only Chrome

Old Aug 28, 2010, 02:55 AM
wintersb

4 posts · Jul 2010
I dont think this is an Atahualpa issue, but am registering it to see if anyone else has encountered it. I run 4 sites, all ATA. Upgraded one to Wordpress 3.0.1. and now cannot login in via IE and Firefox. Only Chrome. Ive done the cookies thing, switched off plugins, tried wp-login. The other V3.0 sites are fine.
When I try IE or Firefox, it simply gives me back an empty login panel. Thing is, if I use the wrong password, IE at least alerts me to that. Site is enablers.co.nz
I cant believe I am the only one to experience it. I logged this on the WP site, and got one reply. Was helpful guy, but no fix.
Has anyone else experienced something similar. I get the feeling this is something very simple, or very deep.
Cheers
Bryan
Old Aug 28, 2010, 04:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) your url for the header is incorrect, it needs a period at the beginning
try switching the permalinks to default and then back
Old Aug 28, 2010, 02:54 PM
wintersb

4 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Juggledad,
thanks for the tip. Switching the permalinks back and forth didnt work. However, I did have some Google sitemap verification code in the CSS/HTML Header insert, so I removed that. Still doesnt work. I also had to rebuild this site from V3.0(before this problem occurred), decided to go V3.0.1 and used the ATA import feature. And it imported the Google verification code as well.
What I'm saying is, maybe you are on to something. How can I manually add this period?
Cheers
Bryan
Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What do you have set at dashboard->settings->general for the WordPress address and Blog address?
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:51 PM
wintersb

4 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Juggledad. You're the man again. Those fields were blank, although I dont know how. I am not even conscious of filling them in on my other sites, but they were indeed on the other sites. Anyway, to complete the forum, I added them, and immediately the screen gave me the following message;

Warning: is_writable() [function.is-writable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/herotale:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/herotale/public_html/enablers.co.nz/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 133

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/herotale/public_html/enablers.co.nz/wp-admin/includes/misc.php:133) in /home/herotale/public_html/enablers.co.nz/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 890

.. at which point I nearly panicked. But refreshed it and all seems okay now. Can certainly log in on IE and Firefox now.
Many thanks, donation on the way!
Cheers
Bryan