Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to REDUCE space above Logo/Header areas?

Old Nov 11, 2009, 08:51 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
I'm stumped. I know I cannot use negative padding. How do I reduce the blank space showing above my logo/blog name area -- "Hatchtown ..." -- I can't see where the ATO are applying any padding or margin.

http://www.hatchtown.com/

It's funny, the height of this area seemed to increase when I updated from ATA 3.4.2 to 3.4.4 -- does that make any sense?

Jim
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it does make sense that it changed, Flynn made some adjustments in the H1, H2,... area of the CSS

Yous space is caused because there is a margin on H2's set to 1em.

go to ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Blog Title and change 'margin: 0;' to 'margin: .2em;' and see what happend.

BTW are the Nøstepinde's nice and straight? theylook like they could make good mountain dulcimer noter's
Old Nov 11, 2009, 08:41 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
I fooled around with with margins for some time and finally settled on:

Blog Title --
margin: .5em 0em .1em 0em;
padding:0;

Blog Tagline --
margin: 5px 0px 10px 55px;
padding: .1em;

as being pleasing to the eye. I wish I had a better sense of what's happening as I make the changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
...<snip>...
BTW are the Nøstepinde's nice and straight? they look like they could make good mountain dulcimer noters
You are a man of surprises! The Nøstys are straight, but tapered, and their diameter (3/4"+) is a bit larger than I like for a noter. Pam and I have lap dulcimers stowed under bed -- haven't played in YEARS.