Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Smooth Slider slideshow interferes with header image rotation in 3.5.1

Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:02 PM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
Header image rotation freezes if fading commences at the same time as a slide transition from the Smooth Slider plugin. The slide show continues uninterrupted, however. Very annoying, since header image rotation with fading is truly awesome. Any idea of how can this be prevented? Many thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go back to the old rotating header code
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:30 PM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
go back to the old rotating header code
I tried the code for fading described HERE and header image rotation does not freeze any more. But... rotaion is no longer random, regardless of the setting chosen in the options menu. Any way to get that onboard as well in this code? Thanks!

EDIT: after some observation, I noticed that, although the roation sequence repeats always in the same order, reloading the page changes the sequence to a different one. Everytime. I guess this is good as it gets, or?

Last edited by cfibanez; Jul 26, 2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 04:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is a post in the gold forum tutorials 'ENHANCEMENT 3.5.1/3.5.3-01 - Sort or Shuffle header images ' see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7579
Old Jul 27, 2010, 05:10 AM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
there is a post in the gold forum tutorials 'ENHANCEMENT 3.5.1/3.5.3-01 - Sort or Shuffle header images ' see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7579
Yes, thanks. I have it.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 03:08 PM
Marco.s

10 posts · Feb 2011
Sorry about bumping an old thread, but i've the same Issue and see no way to fix it.
Succesfully customized smooth slider to work with a customer wp 3.0.4/atahualpa 3.64 site, and noticed the image fade/rotation stops after a couple minutes in the homepage with the smoothslider on.
After reading this thread I replaced the rotation code at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6921 with the current one, but nothing changed.
Is there a way to fix this?
Is there some other featured/choosen content slider plugin available i'm not aware of? (tried featured content slider but didn't like the output)

Any hint will be appreciated.