Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Need Small Fix with Header

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:55 PM
sludgebeard

2 posts · Jul 2014
[SOLVED] Need Small Fix with Header

Heres my site so far: http://warboundgaming.net/

As you can see the name just barely exceeds over the pages menu. Now I can get rid of the pages menu but id like to keep them.

Is there a way to move the pages menu over a space to get the full header, or simply change the size of the header so it doesnt reach the white page menu-box?

Thanks guys! Real new at this haha
Old Jul 22, 2014, 04:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could put the menus in a new row
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:29 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
There are a number of things you can do, depending upon how you want the header to look and/or the number of menu items you think you will eventually have. As Juggledad mentioned, you can move the menu to a separate row. You'll probably have to do this eventually if you plan on adding more than a few menu items. To do this, edit your virtual header.php Sub Template (Appearance > Montezuma Options > Sub Templates > header.php).

You can also change the amount of space that's assigned to the logo/site title versus the menu. If you look at the header.php file, you'll see that the logo-area is assigned a class of col5 while the menu is assigned a class of col7. Montezuma is built on a 12 column grid system, so each row of elements spans 12 columns. The logo area (which includes the site title) spans 5 columns (col5) and the menu spans 7 columns (col7). You can adjust the classes so the logo area is a bit wider and the menu area is a bit narrower. If you change the classes so that they are both col6, then they will each take about half the width of the header. You only have to make sure the columns add up to 12 so the site acts correctly on different viewport sizes. You can read up on the 12 column grid by going to Montezuma Options > CSS Settings.

You can also change the font size of your site title to be a little smaller. If you go to the various.css virtual CSS file, you'll see a rule at the top for #sitetitle. You can change the font-size property to a smaller value (the default value is 70px). This should work OK if you don't plan on adding too many menu items.

Don't be afraid to experiment, if you muck things up, there's a narrow button down at the bottom of each of the virtual template and CSS file that you can click to return the file to its default state, just be careful that you don't click the Reset ALL button by mistake. And you may want to occasionally save all of your Montezuma settings by going to Export Import and saving your settings to a text file.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:22 PM
sludgebeard

2 posts · Jul 2014
Wow thanks alot you guys. Im a super noob when it comes to coding and all but I managed to figure it out rather quick. I might actually start looking into coding from here as a side hobby.

Anyways sites looking much better, help very much apprec!