Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

submenus have too much white space

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 14, 2014, 05:49 AM
dondean

17 posts · May 2012
submenus have too much white space

I have the following to make the top-level menu space out across the top:

Code:
ul.rMenu li {margin: 1px 55px 2px 45px;}
I have the submenu width set to 18.5, the smallest I can have it without the background dropdown arrow go behind the text. The problem is there is 50 px of white space on the left of submenu text and like 65px on the right, forcing the second level sub-submenu items way off to the right. Seeing your posts, I've tried several things under the selectors;

Code:
div#menu1 ul.sub-menu, div#menu1 ul.sub-menu ul, div#menu1 ul.rMenu-ver, div#menu1 ul.rMenu-ver ul
like width: 14em;, smaller margins, negative margins, text-align: left;, background-position: right; ( to move arrows over) but everything seems to squeeze text and arrows together without getting rid of white space) On a prior post I had ul.rMenu li {width: 25%} on top menu then switched to margins as per above, and thought I had it solved with your help.

the site is: http://www.trcontemporary.com