Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Link Masking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 1, 2011, 08:54 AM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
Link Masking

I'm just wondering if someone can give me a bit of advice on the link mask generator of SEO Ultimate.

When I look for information on the Internet regarding this, I find:

Link Mask Generator

Lets you generate robots.txt-blocked "link masks" (e.g. http://www.example.com/go/google/) that pass-through to an external URL.
Lets you mask links on a per-link, per-post basis so you can exert fine-tuned control over your posts' linkflow.
Lets you change /go/ to a directory of your choosing.
Link masks provide a modern replacement for the deprecated, nofollow-based "PageRank Sculpting" technique.
Perfect for affiliate marketers and SEO-savvy bloggers.

However, that kind of leaves me with a few questions yet in mind: If I can change /go/ to a directory of my choosing, what directory should I choose? If Google is already crawling my website, do I just send googlebot to a directory they are already crawling? Do I set up a directory like /nocrawl/ and put nothing in it? These might seem to be "stupid" questions to many who are really internet savvy, but I would certainly appreciate a little advice on this question.

Thanks in advance,