Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Hide title

Old May 5, 2013, 09:52 AM
vibhor

15 posts · May 2013
[SOLVED] Hide title

Hi, I am new to wordpress with minimum knowledge about php. I am building a website using the Montezuma theme. The theme is amazing, but I have spent almost two days just to remove a page title with no success.
Please help me , how can I hide my page title in this theme.
Old May 5, 2013, 11:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the URL of the site?

Last edited by juggledad; May 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old May 5, 2013, 12:00 PM
vibhor

15 posts · May 2013
Thanks a lot for the reply.
my site url is http://webdragon.uni.me/

I have just started making it and as you can see , there isnt much content yet.
But at my static home page, you can see the "Home" title which is driving me nuts.
Please guide me , how can i remove it.
Old May 5, 2013, 12:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well you could hide it with CSS (use firebug to determind the CSS to use) or
ou could edit the vitrual template and remove it from showing on any page

Last edited by juggledad; May 6, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old May 5, 2013, 01:04 PM
vibhor

15 posts · May 2013
ohh...ok
please tell me the easier way coz i am a toddler when it comes to wordpress..
I dont know about CSS but I think i can do it by the virtual template method, i have a bleak knowledge about the template hierarchy.
Since this theme does not have a front-page.php template, so should I make some changes in page.php
and if so, what change should I do ?
Old May 5, 2013, 02:57 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Your home page has the word home in 3 places, the menu, the breadcrumbs, and in the content. I'm guessing it's the one in the content you want to remove.

You can make a front-page.php template and set that for your home page. Juggledad suggested I do that and it worked great for me. Copy page.php or whatever else that's closest to what you want. You can remove the title from it. Take out:

HTML Code:
<?php the_title(); ?>
and its associated formatting and link code, which is probably everything from <h1> to </h1>, inclusive. As juggledad said, experiment until you get what you want.

Last edited by jerryc; May 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM.