Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Search Button with Search Box in header

Old Aug 2, 2010, 04:56 AM
True

11 posts · Jul 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi,

loving this forum - its great help.

I am using the searchbox (using the theme to display it) in the header (top right).
What I want is for it to have a submit button as well, next to the search box. So that instead of pushing enter to search, they can click submit/search.

I have tried looking at the php but I am getting quite confused. Please can someone help me? I would really appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	search.jpg
Views:	1364
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	652  
Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You need to use the basic search widget which gives you a magnifying glass to click for the search or a search plugin that has a submit button. You of course need to put that in a widget area (sidebars or new widget area). You may already realize this but you can put text in the search box to instruct users how to search. See ATO>Style & Edit HEADER AREA.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:14 AM
True

11 posts · Jul 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You need to use the basic search widget which gives you a magnifying glass to click for the search or a search plugin that has a submit button. You of course need to put that in a widget area (sidebars or new widget area). You may already realize this but you can put text in the search box to instruct users how to search. See ATO>Style & Edit HEADER AREA.
Yes however I want the search widget to not be in a sidebar. I would like it to be at the top right (where it currently is). Any thoughts how to do this? It must be possible..just not sure how to alter the code.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:26 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That's where you get into adding new widget areas. See ATO>Add New Widget Areas. You would create a two celled widget area in place of %logo and put your logo in the left area and the search widget in the right. If you edit the theme files you will have to remember what you did every time you upgrade.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 03:50 PM
True

11 posts · Jul 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
thanks, will try that and see what I can do. Quite a mission just to put a button on though. They should make it an option in future versions