Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Page templates

Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:40 AM
cway

154 posts · Jul 2009
Is it possible to create a page template?

For example, I have the same design or style on most of the pages and instead of copying-n-pasting the same code for these pages, it would be nice if I could select a template.

This is the coding I'm copying-n-pasting into each page that I want to have this particular style:
Code:
<table style="padding: 0 0px 0 0px; margin: 0px 0 0px 0;" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="framecolor" style="padding-top: 10px;" valign="top">
<div id="subpageContainer">
<div id="subtop">
<div id="subLeft">
<h1 style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #fff0f5;"><strong>ENTER PAGE NAME HERE</strong></span></h1>
</div>
[include-page id="51"]

</div>
<div id="pagecontent">

ENTER CONTENT HERE

</div>
</div></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sure you can create page templates, there are several in the gold forum tutorials section you can look at.
Use index.php as your base.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:58 PM
cway

154 posts · Jul 2009
Will there be a menu when you're creating a new Page so an admin can choose which template to use?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Once you create the template, you put it in the theme folder and a template box will show up in the page editor. From there you can pick the template you want to use.

This is all controlled by WordPress.

Last edited by lmilesw; Jan 20, 2012 at 08:11 PM.