Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Atahaulpa editing while hosting with Yahoo (Is this a problem?)

Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:58 PM
loislanemiami

14 posts · Apr 2009
Miami, Florida
Send a message via AIM to loislanemiami
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the great theme. I really like it. Now if I can only figure out what the heck I'm doing with it - lol

My domain is hosted with Yahoo. For some reason, when I edit my theme with the atahaulpa theme editor in the design tab, some of my pages don't change. Sometimes some of the elements change and others do not. Then I have the situation where the other pages change and the home page does not change. Is this because my page is as such: http://baloneysandwiches.com/ (for first page which is the direct link to my domain) - and - http://baloneysandwiches.com/blog1/ (for the other pages). Does this have something to do with my file manager with yahoo? Are there a lot of problems with theme manipulation and hosting with yahoo? I even started over and reloaded the theme after screwing it all up and tried to edit just the "Logo" to get rid of the "Logo gif" and it disappeared on the subsequent pages, but not on the direct link page.

Also, using the theme editor, how do you put frames or colored boxes around individual posts.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 05:57 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
There might be a cache running on your host. If you look after a while, reload and even clear browser cache, are the changes still not there?

See Theme Options -> Post Page Styling to add borders around posts
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:05 PM
SiberianSiren5

6 posts · Jun 2009
Flynn, I have having similar issues with a site I am working on that is hosted by Yahoo. I just finished posting a new thread when I saw this one. I have cleared my browser history in both IE and Firefox, but the old design keeps showing up...although briefly I did see the new design changes, but they are now gone again.

Is there a cache in Yahoos File Manager that I need to clear?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 07:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you should ask Yohoo's tech support about that