Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Please confirm TF is able to do what I think it can

Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:05 AM
organicphoto

2 posts · Mar 2011
Please confirm TF is able to do what I think it can

I just watched the video showing the backend of TF and wanted to confirm it can do something specific. I'd like to create a website similar to http://fthrwght.com/autofocus/prodemo in that the homepage links will be images that are in multiple rows and columns. The main difference (compared to a regular blog) is there would be no posts or sidebars on the homepage. Is it possible to create this configuration in TF? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could probably do something like that with widget areas or you could just use a static page as your home page and place the images there.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:59 PM
organicphoto

2 posts · Mar 2011
Without doing custom css, can I make a page with several boxes (widgets?) that act as links to internal pages, each box having a different background photo (I saw this option in the TF intro video)? This design would only be for the home page - the idea is the same as a iPhone home screen.

I really appreciate your replies.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 06:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
For what you are looking to do it seems like you could just use a table and put a hyperlinked image in each cell. Or you could get use floats if you feel comfortable with that or you could use a plugin to create columns. Or you could probably just put images side by side and if they are the right width they will wrap where you want.

Bottom line is there are a bunch of ways to accomplish what you want.