Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Opacity settings for header image itself.

Old Apr 6, 2009, 06:23 PM
thesnucka22

2 posts · Apr 2009
Howdy!

First, love the theme. I've recommended it to a bunch of friends, I can't believe I didn't find it sooner!

I've almost got my site set up the way I want it - I'm looking to add opacity to the entire background image (the rotating header image), instead of just the side columns. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:04 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Try HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts

HTML Code:
div.header-image-container {
filter: alpha(opacity=40);
-moz-opacity:.40;
opacity:.40;
}
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:12 PM
thesnucka22

2 posts · Apr 2009
You rock, that worked. Thanks for the quick reply.

I assume this uses the background color of the image div itself?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:55 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It seems to be using white by default, and setting another (background) color doesn't seem to work as the background is being covered by the image, which is a background image. Looks like a div would have to be laid over the image as it is already being done with the left and right opacity areas.

One way to accomplish this would be to turn off one of these left / right opacity areas in the theme options, and make the other one stretch the whole div.header-image-container width. Since the theme options expect a pixel value for the width of these opacity areas this would work for fixed width layouts. For fluid width layouts the width of that opacity area would have to be hard coded in header.php

<?php if ( $bfa_ata['header_opacity_left'] != 0 AND $bfa_ata['header_opacity_left'] != '' ) { ?>
.opacityleft {
background-color: #<?php echo $bfa_ata['header_opacity_left_color']; ?>;
height: <?php echo $bfa_ata['headerimage_height']; ?>px;
width: <?php echo $bfa_ata['header_opacity_left_width']; ?>px; --> 100%;
filter: alpha(opacity=<?php echo $bfa_ata['header_opacity_left']; ?>);
-moz-opacity:.<?php echo $bfa_ata['header_opacity_left']; ?>;
opacity:.<?php echo $bfa_ata['header_opacity_left']; ?>;
}
<?php } ?>