Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Other BFA WordPress Themes »

Themeframe?

Old Nov 29, 2009, 04:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
send me a PM with the paypal info and I'll see what I can do
Old Nov 29, 2009, 05:31 PM
tamogila

6 posts · Apr 2009
I'm thinking there may be a glitch of sorts. I donated $20 way back and had 1 gold bar, then I donated another $20 recently and now have zero gold bars.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 06:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
tamogila - don't worry about the bars, the system shows you with both donations.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 03:17 PM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
You should add to your donation site, that money sent to Juggledad, will not immediately show up. Or so at least it has been the case for me (I put 20 each, but only received one PM regarding payment - none for the donation to Juggledad).

Well was planning to donate around 20$ anyhow, so this thread got me motivated to add up another 20.

So thanks for your great work here. Currently searching for part time work and living from donations because I need time in setting up a new business, I know how hard it is....

Edit: Just after posting, second gold bar appeared, still a bit slower....
Edit 2: After editing now both gold bars are gone...., you seem to have a problem here.
Edit 3: Well after re-entering they are back. So seem to be visible only if you access a thread, but gone after posting a reply, reappearing on reload.

Last edited by extremecarver; Dec 1, 2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 03:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just posted your payment to me, thanks - as long as the payment is made before the beta is released, you will get in. When I post the donations, I always post it as of the donation date, no matter when I actually post it.

Once again, thanks for the donation

(ps the bars probally happened because I was updating and hit an error and fixed it, so we were probably doing it at the same time)
Old Dec 1, 2009, 03:27 PM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
No, the bars seem to happen each time. I just saw it again on editing. BTW now you sent me 3 times "payment received" - though I only donated twice.....

I think also after posting (I am sure right now after clicking on submit, they will be gone, if I reload they will be visible again - if they indeed continue showing up I'll edit my answer again).
Edit: not gone
Edit: They only don't appear if you edit a post, on simple reply the don't disappear, that must have been you updating.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 01:24 PM
byronyasgur

17 posts · Feb 2009
hi - i donated $40 in the hope that i am still on time for the beta release which i think i am - do i have to register somewhere to get access to the beta when it comes out or just check here ? cant wait - the video is very impressive - well done flynn

edit - actually my profile only shows one gold bar - probably because i confused the system with 2 separate donations 30 + 10 .... maybe someone could check it out for me thanks
Old Dec 3, 2009, 07:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
send me a PM with the paypal details of the two donations, only the $30 is showing
Old Dec 4, 2009, 03:04 AM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
1) Flynn, Juggledad: do we have an ETA on Themeframe? And also, may I suggest closing off this thread and starting another (so that people interested in getting in on the beta don't need to read 4 pages of posts to get the scoop on what's happening?

2) All: Thanks for different viewpoints on Themeframe vs. Thesis. I think I would concur with folks that if Themeframe is the natural upgrade for Atahualpa, then it should be paid. If Themeframe is half as good as Thesis (which gets rave reviews all over the web) I think it will be quite the product!

3) Flynn: don't allow unlimited free sub-licenses. Charge $40 for a resold license, just like Thesis. My clients will pay it, for sure, if I tell them to (I would probably collect and pay you). It's a more-than-reasonable cost.

Warm regards,

Marc
http://internet101.biz
Old Dec 4, 2009, 03:10 AM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
One more feedback on the typography of Atahualpa: H1, H2 and H3 are too big (and also it's not obvious how to restyle them -- maybe put a menu option for that). Here is my idea of an appropriate size:
http://internet101.biz/wordpress-how-to/

I would tend to agree with someone who wrote "Thesis sites look all the same, Atahualpa can be styled to whatever".

Keep up the good work.

Marc
Old Dec 5, 2009, 08:49 AM
masterchief

18 posts · Apr 2009
Chicago, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to masterchief
Its all about actually understanding the theme and how to effectively customize when prepared to do that. I use Thesis... I use Atahualpa.. I use ComicPress. I am signed up for themeframe. More software tools to use, or you can hand code it to get exactly what you want. Firefox firebug and web tools, or the standalone Stylizer all make that very easy to do. there are many others that perform just as well if not better.

Flynn is very good, that is why I chose to make my donation before there was even a themeframe announcement. Products like themeframe have capacity to put you web designers out of business IMHO.

regards,
William

Last edited by masterchief; Dec 5, 2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 08:52 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by everyman

3) Flynn: don't allow unlimited free sub-licenses. Charge $40 for a resold license, just like Thesis. My clients will pay it, for sure, if I tell them to (I would probably collect and pay you). It's a more-than-reasonable cost.

Warm regards,

Marc
Marc, I am using Atahualpa (and plan to use Themeframe to make web sites for friends, family and church, if I would have to cash out an additional $40 per site, I couldn't do it. Perhaps in a few months / years, when I learned enough about web design to charge people for my services ;-) SY
Old Dec 5, 2009, 09:01 AM
masterchief

18 posts · Apr 2009
Chicago, IL
Flynn,

There should be two pricing schemes.. one for web designers who gain financially from your hard work, and another for subscribers. Web Designers already have the pricing scheme down and would offer little resistance in paying as they will surely recover expenses from customers many times over.

regards,
William

Last edited by masterchief; Dec 5, 2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 09:04 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchief
Flynn,

There should be two pricing schemes.. one for web designers who gain financially from your hard work, and another for subscribers. Web Designers already have the pricing scheme down and would offer little resistance in paying as they will surely recover expenses from customers

regards,
William
Great solution! I am all for it! SY
Old Dec 6, 2009, 05:28 AM
websurfer

1 posts · Dec 2009
Themeframe looks cool. Donated $40 and looking forward to the beta release.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 03:24 PM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchief
Flynn,
There should be two pricing schemes.. one for web designers who gain financially from your hard work, and another for subscribers. Web Designers already have the pricing scheme down and would offer little resistance in paying as they will surely recover expenses from customers many times over.
Well, I am not sure that it's fair to discriminate against "web designers" (or even legal . That is why I am suggesting a $100 single-user license and a $40 reseller license cost (once people have paid-up the $100 -- which is similar to what Thesis offers). Flynn had previously said that reseller licenses to people such as web designers would be free. I would be more than willing to charge my customers $40 for this. Maybe allow free sub-licenses to non-profits and non-commercial use, to accomodate the other gentleman who commented.

Oh, and by the way, I am not a web designer, I am a website development and internet marketing trainer

Marc

Last edited by everyman; Dec 6, 2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 03:50 PM
WebsitesDemystified

6 posts · Nov 2009
So is it too late to donate to get the beta? And do donations to Juggledad count, or just Flynn?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 04:19 PM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
... Maybe allow free sub-licenses to non-profits and non-commercial use, to accomodate the other gentleman who commented...
In case you refer to me, I am actually a "gentle woman" ;--) SY
Old Dec 6, 2009, 05:14 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebsitesDemystified
So is it too late to donate to get the beta? And do donations to Juggledad count, or just Flynn?
Donations to both count equally. It's not too late yet as the beta has not been released.

I can't wait to start tinkering with Themeframe!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 06:43 AM
masterchief

18 posts · Apr 2009
Chicago, IL
Quote:
Well, I am not sure that it's fair to discriminate against "web designers" (or even legal . That is why I am suggesting a $100 single-user license and a $40 reseller license cost (once people have paid-up the $100 -- which is similar to what Thesis offers). Flynn had previously said that reseller licenses to people such as web designers would be free. I would be more than willing to charge my customers $40 for this. Maybe allow free sub-licenses to non-profits and non-commercial use, to accomodate the other gentleman who commented.
I am very satisfied subscriber and find no issue to seek compromise. I look forward to utilizing themeframe when it is made available. A web designer for profit can be construed as commercial use. I am not interested in that.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, I am not a web designer, I am a website development and internet marketing trainer
... so you teach how to make web sites? ... a web designer
Old Dec 7, 2009, 06:44 AM
masterchief

18 posts · Apr 2009
Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hospitalera
In case you refer to me, I am actually a "gentle woman" ;--) SY
good to know.

regards,
William