Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Other BFA WordPress Themes »

Themeframe?

Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:19 AM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer
I speak fluent sarcasm...and you're not there yet.
So, next time, if you want to be helpful? Just say yes or no.
It wasn't meant as sarcasm (I speak it fluently too). Didn't I make myself clear? All who donate before the beta is released will get the beta. It says so in several of the latest posts.

So in other words; yes.

Last edited by Danielwerner; Nov 13, 2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 10:16 PM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Themeframe will be for unlimited sites and domains, your own sites and client sites. No limitation there, and no extra fees per client site or things like that.
Well, that answers my concern. If this is really true, you got my business (and, I would probably bill my clients an optional donation in the $20 range per license). Where do I send the check

I do have one suggestion of Atahualpa / Themeframe vs. Thesis. Thesis has much better typography. My next project is styling Atahualpa to look like Thesis. I would imagine it quite simple. When it's done I will post the instructions to this site, and if anyone else has done it let me know.

thanks
Marc
http://internet101.biz (I had begun the styling here, but the site has no side-bars yet so it's still young)
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:02 AM
masterchief

18 posts · Apr 2009
Chicago, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to masterchief
Flynn,

Are you going to be using the donor forums to distribute Themeframe?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:52 PM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by everyman
... When it's done I will post the instructions to this site, and if anyone else has done it let me know....
That would be great, I am especially interested to learn how to do the big, two sidebars wide, widget area, SY
Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Typography is font-face, font-size, line-height, letter-spacing, word-spacing and maybe font-style, font-variant and text-transform, if I'm not mistaken. There are sliders for the numeric value based settings and select menus for the rest, all combined on one tab of the CSS creator. You can see the changes immediately and salt to taste.

Thesis is a very popular and well marketed theme, kudos to Chris Pearson. I do not follow Thesis' footsteps though, I don't even have a copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyman
Well, that answers my concern. If this is really true, you got my business (and, I would probably bill my clients an optional donation in the $20 range per license). Where do I send the check

I do have one suggestion of Atahualpa / Themeframe vs. Thesis. Thesis has much better typography. My next project is styling Atahualpa to look like Thesis. I would imagine it quite simple. When it's done I will post the instructions to this site, and if anyone else has done it let me know.

thanks
Marc
http://internet101.biz (I had begun the styling here, but the site has no side-bars yet so it's still young)
Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:22 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It will be a separate forum section, where only forum members with a "Themeframe" membership subscription can read & post. The subscriptions will be managed by the forum software's integrated "Paid Subscriptions" feature as the central application to manage distribution and users, with little custom scripts to control downloads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchief
Flynn,

Are you going to be using the donor forums to distribute Themeframe?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 01:22 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Just added another donation, really looking forward to Themeframe, especially since seing the video! BTW, in the far and distant future, when Themeframe is stable / finished, do you plan a referral / affiliate program? SY
Old Nov 19, 2009, 08:20 AM
clayphillips

5 posts · Jul 2009
OK, just checked out the video and donated to make it under the wire for beta...looks cool, except for the part at the end where you either say "i'm kidding you" or "i'm killing you"

not quite sure and a little frightened.

clay
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:05 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayphillips
OK, just checked out the video and donated to make it under the wire for beta...looks cool, except for the part at the end where you either say "i'm kidding you" or "i'm killing you"

not quite sure and a little frightened.

clay
LOL... I'll try to spell better next time
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:45 AM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hospitalera
Just added another donation, really looking forward to Themeframe, especially since seing the video! BTW, in the far and distant future, when Themeframe is stable / finished, do you plan a referral / affiliate program? SY
See post #10...Flynn has stated that Themeframe will have an affiliate program.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 09:14 PM
Vidal

11 posts · Oct 2009
London, UK
Not sure where all the Love is coming from for Thesis' typography

IMHO many of the sites I've seen that have been created using Thesis - look like, well, Thesis! And frankly a bit like a Volvo - solid, safe but a little traditional and dare I say it ... boring. I'm not criticising Thesis, all I'm saying is that the beauty of Atahualpa is that it seems to actively enable you to create unique, individual sites that don't look like an out-of-the-box solution.

Anyway, this argument is about to become irrelevant, because based on the video, Themeframe is about to become the next best thing since sliced bread.

Keep up the great work Flynn, I've donated and am looking forward to the Beta.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:40 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I agree, re: Thesis. You can get any typography you want with Atahualpa and Themeframe. Very flexible layout, too. And if you want something really boffo, you can always create an image with typography.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 08:45 AM
wrecker69

13 posts · Nov 2009
London, Canada
Just found this forum and it looks like Themeframe is going to be an exceptional product. Just wondering if I still have time to get in for the beta? Also, I understand that the donation level for becoming a beta user is $40.(USD or CAD does it matter?) Is that correct? Will the the beta users have to pay an upgrade when it goes out of beta? Just a few concerns as I am a new Wordpress user (developer) and can see the advantages of a product like this.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 09:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can still get in since it hasn't been released yet. The donation can go to Flynn or myself (Juggledad) and it's $40US and All Themeframe Beta users will get a free upgrade to Themeframe.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:42 PM
wrecker69

13 posts · Nov 2009
London, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
You can still get in since it hasn't been released yet. The donation can go to Flynn or myself (Juggledad) and it's $40US and All Themeframe Beta users will get a free upgrade to Themeframe.
Thanks for the reply Juggledad. I'm off to donate now. Should I send you or Flynn my Paypal info after I'm done?

Richard
Old Nov 24, 2009, 01:43 PM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
BTW, I donated some days ago, but my forum profile seems not to have updated yet, I even lost the little gold bars I had previously against my name ;-( SY
Old Nov 24, 2009, 01:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
wrecker69 - thanks, your set
hospitalera - your records show you are eligible for themeframe
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:07 PM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Glad to hear, many thanks, really looking forward to it! SY
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:46 PM
wrecker69

13 posts · Nov 2009
London, Canada
Quote:
No, Thank You.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:24 AM
WordPressZen.com

28 posts · Aug 2009
Canada/Utah
Oh Dang!
I was out of the country and missed the posting for the October 25th Beta group payment deadline...any chance you might extend that deadline since the beta release appears to have been delayed?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Since it hasn't been released, you can still get in.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:56 AM
WordPressZen.com

28 posts · Aug 2009
Canada/Utah
Awesome...donation coming through!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 05:29 PM
smikwily

1 posts · Sep 2009
Very anxious for the release, as I have a few sites I want to try this out on.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 01:35 AM
DavePorter

130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Hi All,

I donated on the 19th of this month, but don't appear to be recognized !
Is it automatic ? Or is it manually done and perhaps a delay ?

cheers Dave Porter
Old Nov 29, 2009, 01:37 AM
DavePorter

130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Oh, I just looked more closely at the PayPay confirmation email and I may not have been logged in when I processed the payment !

Please advise what to do ?

regards, Dave Porter