Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] *Help* My drop down menus are overlapping each other when they "drop down"

Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:28 AM
famecherry

5 posts · Feb 2011
Hello everyone, I am using wordress 3.0.5, Atahualpa 3.6.4

My site, FAME CHeRRy was working perfectly before this however today suddenly one of the drop down menus suddenly decided to screw up by overlapping one another when I hover over it.

The category menu is CHÉRI and when I mouse over the months the slide downwards instead of sideways, preventing me from being able to mouse over the other months.

Can someone please help me figure out how to solve this problem ? Oh and why arent my months below CHÉRI displayed at a standard length-size like the other drow down menus ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, you will save me from losing my hair and for that I thank you in advance !

Attached below is my CSS styling code for any reference
Attached Files
File Type: txt CSS code.txt (7.5 KB, 1495 views)
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
so what did you change? things don't just stop working unless something has changed.
Did you add a new plugin?
Did you change some styling?
Have you tried removing all your CSS Inserts and add them back a bit at a time?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:25 AM
famecherry

5 posts · Feb 2011
Previously I was using Atahualpa 3.5.3.
I do not recall changing anything, a plugin was installed about a week ago but everything worked fine after that, just that 5 hours ago I mouse over the submenu show only the first item then the rest slide down turn white, I turned off animation and it just overlaps each other.

So i decided that its time to update to 3.6.4 and after that with or without animation on the menu items overlap one another the same. In the previous version only non-animated menus overlap.

I never touched the CSS inserts except add a CSS for the n-relate plugin. I tried removing all of them CSS and add back a bit at a time but its the same.

When I remove all CSS and leave it blank with no codes the menu items still overlap one another

Please help !
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you try disabling the plugin you added?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:58 AM
famecherry

5 posts · Feb 2011
I've just tried disabling all plugins but its still the same =(

Last edited by famecherry; Feb 21, 2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:07 AM
famecherry

5 posts · Feb 2011
I really dont know whats wrong, I created a new parent category with a different name and transferred everything there keeping the original slug and suddenly everything worked fine.

Later I just change the category name back to the original and delete the old category and everything is good now.

Thank you so much for everything. Might you have any idea why things are like this ?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Something must have changed and not having access to the site and all the things and the order they have changed, I'd just be speculating. But I'm glad it's working for you.